PDA

View Full Version : To the retard running radios on QF107 over Chicago..

Kangaroo Court
12th Jun 2012, 04:39
:ugh:When she asked you to reduce speed to Mach 0.85 and said it was..."for New York". She was saying that it was for spacing to Kennedy and their requirement.

She wasn't implying that you didn't KNOW you were going to New York!!

If you're going to make a fool of yourself...please don't represent the rest of us with a national callsign while you do it!!

bdcer
12th Jun 2012, 04:54
Now I'm short haul, so no personal involvement in this scenario, but geez get a grip man!

Are you THAT perfect Mr Sky God????? Fair enough bringing the error into discussion but why call someone a "retard"?

Hope I never have to fly with you :ooh:

Jack Ranga
12th Jun 2012, 05:05
I'll bet that KC was talking about the tone, delivery & what was actually said. An error is a bit different to being a C U Next Tuesday?

P-Dubby
12th Jun 2012, 05:29
National callsign? Really?

Scamp Damp
12th Jun 2012, 06:14
Oh dear - probably the same bloke who questioned as to why he was given a 22min delay into Brisbane recently.

Enquired as to why - given the notam was for 20mins.

ATC advised that there was medical traffic in front - this "sky god" came back and said "well, what about a hazard alert for traffic in excess of 20mins"

ATC (quick as a flash) requested his alternate and would he like to track there now...

Get a grip - yup I agree, however this kinda behaviour happens every day. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

jaded boiler
12th Jun 2012, 06:18
KC perhaps you should try lowering the volume of your scanner and live ATC feed when trying to sleep seeing as they appear to have the potential to get you all hot and bothered.

Do you wear your anorak to bed?

Keg
12th Jun 2012, 06:19
Oh FFS. It's not like you don't hear clangers from DJ, J* or Tiger (or most other airlines) occasionally. The difference when they happen though is that you don't get a Qantas pilot logging onto PPRUNE to tell the world that because one pilot has made a clown of themselves that the rest of the pilots must also be clowns. :ugh:

ATC (quick as a flash) requested his alternate and would he like to track there now...

If we're going to all turn into smart arses then my response was would be that I don't have one and nor am I required to. An incident is certainly appropriate for holding in excess of that nominated by ATC.

A query as to why holding is in excess of what is NOTAM'd is certainly not an unusual circumstance and IF it's known it's going to be in excess of what is required then I'd certainly appreciate knowing that as early as possible- if via a hazard report if need be. Given I'm not a min fuel company man the odds are that it won't bother me a zot (except to fill out the paperwork for holding in excess of what was advised via NOTAM, etc) but it's still nice to know in case for some reason I'm actually close to the line on fuel.

It appears we really enjoy tearing each other apart doesn't it. I don't mind people expressing disappointment in the action of our professional brethren when something impacts adversely on the rest of us but to call someone a 'retard' is just inappropriate.

DUXNUTZ
12th Jun 2012, 06:35
I cringe every time I'm in the States and here Aussies say the word "bay". It's a gate damnit! Dunno why that gets me, but it just irritates me!

bdcer
12th Jun 2012, 06:48
OK ths is more constructive, hey DUXNUTZ, I always mix these up, but isn't the BAY the parking spot for the aircraft & the GATE is the number for the passengers? I can't remember the US terminology, I rarely made it there.

le Pingouin
12th Jun 2012, 06:50
When MED1 traffic intrudes the flow manually positions the aircraft in the sequence & MAESTRO automatically amends the delays. Perhaps the aircraft was advised very shortly thereafter & it effectively was his hazard alert, but we don't know the timing.

DirectAnywhere
12th Jun 2012, 06:53
Kangaroo court...says it all really. Judge, jury and executioner.

Kangaroo court - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kangaroo_court)

Josh Cox
12th Jun 2012, 06:55
Wow KC,

You must be a real pleasure to work with.

blueloo
12th Jun 2012, 07:40
KC, i believe Russia has an end of financial year sale on Penis extensions.

Jack Ranga
12th Jun 2012, 08:31
I don't think any of you guys are getting it? Don't like being told to pull your head in for acting like a farkwit? Maybe KC is letting our American mates know that we're not all farkwits like the one they encountered over Chicago?

Judge, Jury, Executioner? He heard what was said.

hoss
12th Jun 2012, 08:43
bdcr and DUXNUTZ, I hate to sound pedantic but what about "stand". Most of the jeppesen 10-9xxx refer to stand, from memory only the SYD and MEL charts refer to bay.

I'm outa here so you can say bad things about me;).

Progress Wanchai
12th Jun 2012, 08:45
But then he wrote what was heard. Not necessary.

And then he was wrong. National Callsign??? Represent the rest of us??? Where do you get off????

Jack Ranga
12th Jun 2012, 08:58
Well, from the other side of the microphone, and most of the time for no apparent reason, it isn't pleasant.

We have this thing where our standardisation crew randomly take a voice sample, critique it and then we have to listen to it :cool: it's enough of an incentive to keep it professional.

When you hear it, makes you wonder what's going on in the cockpit. And for about the 3000th time, every single thing that occurs on the console is recorded. If you've got a complaint, lodge it. Bettter still, get off your arse and insist on a centre visit........when it's going to be busy, not in the fluffy 9-5 hour time scheme. We both may learn something.