PDA

View Full Version : Renewing ME/IR

r1flyguy35
11th Jun 2012, 15:11
Hi Guys

Quick one for those recently renewed ME/IR

I'm looking for a decent school and aircraft to renew my ME/IR with,

Previously flown BE76 & Senecca, so don't mind same or anything else really.

Can you please let me know your recommendations / school / prices, location in UK not an issue as willing to travel

jonesfly
11th Jun 2012, 17:18
Hi, try Bonus Aviation they have a PA44 Seminole.

AutoBit
11th Jun 2012, 18:24
Airways Flight Training Exeter. They fly Duchess and I would recommend them.

r1flyguy35
13th Jun 2012, 09:32
Only 2 recommendations :eek:

Contacted them both, cheers

Pilotage
13th Jun 2012, 13:17
I did SE/IMC rather than ME/IR with them but used Billins Air Services recently, next door to Bonus at Cranfield.

They have a Seneca, although I can't see a price for it on their website - I imagine that a quick email would resolve that.

Having trained with both Bonus and Billins for ratings, I was very happy with both training standards and examiner attitude at both, and Cranfield is good for IMC/IR training, having just about every approach you've ever dreamed of on the doorstep. Billins however was cheaper with better instructor availability.

If you want web links...

Billins: Billins Air Services - Learn to fly in Cranfield for customers around Bedford, Milton Keynes, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire. PPL, Vouchers and much more (http://www.billins-air.co.uk/)

Bonus: http://www.bonusaviation.co.uk/

a320renewal
13th Jun 2012, 15:34
what ??you still don't have a job?

why not let airlines to renew it?

I am very pissed by this JAA....I mean what's the point to renew these licenses when there is no job around maybe for the next 20 years.:ugh:

I have a 320 rating , and no need to renew it, there is no job in europe for a 0 hours 320 pilot.

guys who recommend flight schools.. what for? just pay more!:ugh:

you need 700h to fly commercially, do you have this?

Andy_20
13th Jun 2012, 16:45
A320 Renewal... There is not a post on here ive read from you that isnt complete S**t.

How about you only reply to thread that you can actually contribute to. All you do is doom mongering. No wonder you're jobless, you sit at home and moan, waiting for someone to come to you! You must be amazing in the interviews seeing as the world owes you a favour.

r1flyguy35
13th Jun 2012, 18:53
Cheers Andy :ok:

A320R, What on earth makes you think I don't have a job :ugh:

I have a great job thank you very much

I also have a preference to keep my UK licenses current and valid when I can and get a little refresher in doing so.

I won't tell you who I work for but suffice to say my ZFW this evening out of Tokyo RJAA 234.5 tonnes ;)

Keep logging your MSFX hours I'm sure with your positive outlook you will get a job soon :}

r1flyguy35
13th Jun 2012, 19:03
Had a quick look at Billins, thank you

There doesn't appear to be an option for ME/IR Renewal training, I've sent then an email nonetheless

Bonus have quote £2k :ugh: my last renewal cost me about £800 on a Senecca.

Pom pom
13th Jun 2012, 19:13
I also highly recommend Airways Flight Training at Exeter. Ex military and heavy-metal-commercial instructors. Relaxed and extremely professional. BE76s and Class G all around. :ok:

fwjc
13th Jun 2012, 19:25
You could try Donair at Castle Donington, or Central Flight Training at Tatenhill. I have experience with both and they're no nonsense good guys.

r1flyguy35
13th Jun 2012, 19:56
Cheers guys, most appreciated, will look at them all and enquire.

Think £2k is a little steep, looking at less than half that if possible :)

jonesfly
13th Jun 2012, 20:11
I did mine at bonus, sim, practice flight and test. Highly recommend them. If you want to keep costs own just do a quick sim session and test. That would work out cheaper.

EK4457
13th Jun 2012, 21:58
I'd recommend Central Flight Training if you can get to Tatenhill.

Central Flight Training (http://www.centralflighttraining.com/)

I did my latest renewal there. They had a very practical and pro-active attutude to my renewal. Also very relaxed about the whole thing too.

Was bricking it as I was way out of currency but ended up actually enjoying it.

mutt
14th Jun 2012, 13:19
ZFW this evening out of Tokyo RJAA 234.5 tonnes Then why dont you submit your last OPC or LPC check form and renew it based on that?

If the UK CAA refuse to do so, then move to another licensing authority.

Mutt

r1flyguy35
14th Jun 2012, 13:59
Hi Mutt

I do not operate on a UK licence and at the moment do not wish to have my UK fATPL unfrozen at UK CAA costs,
I am aware that should I do this then every OPC/ LPC with my current employer will then be accepted by the UK CAA

My thinking was to maintain my UK licence in the hope that it is useful should I need to return to UK to work,
Also I don't mind flying in the UK and a valid ME/IR is always useful given UK weather.

r1flyguy35
14th Jun 2012, 14:15
Thanks guys for the info on Tattenhill

I flew in there once and its not too far for me to travel either,

I will drop them an email and wait for their reply too

Thanks again :ok:

mutt
14th Jun 2012, 14:28
do not wish to have my UK fATPL unfrozen at UK CAA costs Are you sure that they wont accept your foreign LPC? Check if your examiner is a JAA registered examiner and you can do both your national and JAA checkrides at the same time.

Mutt

r1flyguy35
14th Jun 2012, 14:33
Its all done in-house mate and no JAA licence holders in the company who do the LPC so its difficult :( only way is to find a SIM in the UK and pay a JAA examiner to go through the motions with me, last I heard was between 6k-12k to do it on a 744 Sim don't know how accurate that is