PDA

View Full Version : help!!

stalled_n_in2a_spin
11th Jun 2012, 14:19
i completed training and got my cpl in the US on the 20th of july 2008.. Then i went on to the Philippines as i had a nice offer to build some hours and get my FI license... My last flight was on the 12th of aug 2010... i have now cpl's from 2 countries... my questions are as follows -

1 - i would like to return to the US and get current.. so would i get the philippines hours forwarded??

2 - what kind of verification or documentation will i have to show???

please help... i started my training in '07 so there is also the 5 year rule which i have to consider

1Wingnut
11th Jun 2012, 15:49
Your FAA commercial license does not expire. If you want to use it to fly in the USA you only need what any pilot needs - a current medical, a biannual flight review within the last 2 years signed by an FAA CFI, an instrument proficiency check if you intend to fly in IMC, landing currency if you intend to fly with a passenger on board (not for pay), and a photo ID. If you have an FAA commercial pilot license, this should be information you already have, right?

MarkerInbound
11th Jun 2012, 15:54
I'm not sure what you mean by "forwarded?" Are you asking if time in a RP-C plane counts toward FAA requirements? The answer is "yes," it's flight time.

You show this in your logbook.

stalled_n_in2a_spin
12th Jun 2012, 07:46
thanks... i did know about my license getting valid by renewing my medical but i havnt flown in the US for 4 years so the bi-annual check was what i was thinking...

and as for the rp-c hrs i was just asking if i needed to show any doc or they just wouldnt care??

thanks anyways...

PT6A
12th Jun 2012, 20:43
How did you manage to get your CPL without knowing the answers to these questions?

Not being funny but it's basic PPL stuff to know what you need to be current and to fly an aircraft legally.

stalled_n_in2a_spin
13th Jun 2012, 06:52
i know it was a dumb question but i just needed the clarification.. thank you for your replies