PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft Radiotelephone Operator Certificate of Proficiency

Code89
11th Jun 2012, 05:01
G'day

i need some guidance in obtaining a "Aircraft Radiotelephone Operator Certificate of Proficiency". Been to the CASA website but things just kept getting complicated.

Would be great if i can get a "AROCP for dummies" version.

Where can i get training?
How does the whole process work?
How much time & money etc..

Cheers

kalavo
11th Jun 2012, 05:21
My understanding is anyone who can issue a FROL can issue an ARCOP.

Local flying school should be able to sort you out (or the organisation requiring you to get an ARCOP should be able to point you to who they normally use).

Most places end up using Flight Radio for Pilots from Aviation Theory Centre as a guide. Can usually be knocked off in an afternoon. Cost depends on who you do it with (a carton, or their hourly rate) plus $50 to CASA.

Syllabus is here www.casa.gov.au/fcl/download/arocp.pdf

Form for CASA is here www.casa.gov.au/fcl/form638.pdf

Code89
12th Jun 2012, 01:57
Thanks for the reply,

what i understand from this is that i need to get training at a RTO who will do the testing as well and i then take the completion certificate to CASA for the issuing of AROCP. Please correct me if i am wrong.

Sometime back an oppurtunity passed me by which required this and it happend so that this was the only thing lacking in my qualifications. Now through my networking i have found that position is gonna pop up in the near future, so want to be ready for it.

i would be grateful if i can be guided in the right direction.

Cheers

Charlie Foxtrot India
12th Jun 2012, 04:58
You'll need to get an ARN and can do the course and the test at a flying school, doesn't have to be an RTO. There is no "completion certificate as such" but an application form will be sent to CASA who will then issue the ACOCP.

MakeItHappenCaptain
14th Jun 2012, 14:11
That's a bit like saying, "If I have a CPL, can I get a PPL as well?"

The FROL is a higher level of license. You don't need the AROCP.