PDA

View Full Version : Bristol ATPL Ireland?

mark_c
9th Jun 2012, 15:32
Hey, i've finally come to the decision to use Bristol Ground School for my DL ATPL theory. Due to the limited time i can take off work I would be unable to attend the 2 brush up courses. The FTO im using for my flight training use Oxford and provide the brush up courses at the school. So im hoping to find somewhere in Ireland that does the same, but uses the Bristol system. Does anybody know of one?? And also, if you use a partner provider of Bristol, do you receive the same services as you would with going direct through Bristol?

Thanks!

pudoc
9th Jun 2012, 15:37
You're better to contact BGS than us on pprune, they'll have a much better answer for you.

Alex Whittingham
11th Jun 2012, 12:17
Atlantic Flight Training (http://www.afta.ie/)

mark_c
11th Jun 2012, 15:47
Brilliant, thanks very much!

Walk the line
5th Jul 2012, 18:43
NFC www.nfc.ie

grafity
5th Jul 2012, 19:25
Hi Marc,

For what it's worth I'm using bristol.gs using the distant learning and doing the brush up courses in Cheddar Bristol. Can't fault the instructors in Cheddar and the exams are only 69stg instead of the IAA's 120euro. Accommodation will work out about 400euro for each 3 weeks.

If I remember rightly Atlantic and NFC only provide full time rather than distance learning.

Edit: 69stg not 60stg

mark_c
20th Aug 2012, 12:00
Hi guys, sorry for digging up this thread again, just have a few more questions about it.

From doing my PPL theory i know that some rules of the air can vary from country to country. I'm 99% sure that i'll be doing my DL with Bristol, which is, as you know British. I know it wont make a difference for most of the subjects but for Air Law, presumably Bristol will teach the UK CAA air law. How does this affect students from other countries who will be sitting the ATPL exams in their home countries? I'd be interested to hear from anyone from Ireland who used Bristol and sat the IAA exams.

If i go directly through Bristol, rather than using a FTO in Ireland that use them, is it a requirement to sit the CAA exams?

Walk the line, you mention NFC offer the Bristol DL package. Do you know this for definate? That would be ideal for me, but last time i checked, they only did the Oxford DL.

Thanks

paco
20th Aug 2012, 13:55
The Air Law exams are based on ICAO Annexes so it shouldn't make that much difference.

There has long been a reciprocal agreement between the IAA and CAA to accept each others' training.

If you talk to NFC they may be able to do distance learning through us - they are already using our helicopter material. They certainly use the Oxford CBT material.

mark_c
21st Aug 2012, 01:01
Thanks Paco, I was half thinking that the Air Law exam would only examine ICAO laws and leave out the "local" rules of the air. I will have a chat with the Chief ground instructor at NFC next time im down and see what he says. Thanks again :ok: