PDA

View Full Version : Jobs in PNG?

Thailand Jason
8th Jun 2012, 05:48
Anyone know what the word is on finding work in PNG?

I'm FAA SEL COM with about 500 hours of mtn. time. Looking for first job..
I reckon I need to show my face around.. .. but any ideas for some challenging stick and rudder opportunities would be awesome!.

:ok:

roulette
9th Jun 2012, 06:39
Plenty up there, but you'll find it harder to get one by email. Best bet is to get yrself to POM and do the rounds.

Thailand Jason
9th Jun 2012, 15:57
Great!.. thanks for the advice, I was planning on going down there and showing myself in the next few months.. but wanted to make sure there was some kinda hope :ok:

tail wheel
9th Jun 2012, 18:33
"...about 500 hours of mtn. time. Looking for first job..."

You will be struggling to get a job in PNG under 1,000 hours. Not a nice country for beginners.

ResumeOwnNav
10th Jun 2012, 11:59
As a fresh CPL, you may get a look in for a F/O position on a twin otter with Airlines PNG.

geeup
11th Jun 2012, 01:56
TravelAir & Hevilift both hire low time FOs these days. Be prepared to wait a long time for command.

If memory serves me you are also suppose to have 500hrs to hold a CPL or something in PNG or is that just a command?

Thailand Jason
11th Jun 2012, 06:19
Looking for a Caravan job. There must be a few operators out there, I emailed Tropicair with no response. Kinda what I thought. ..

Boeingdream
11th Jun 2012, 07:08
Hi Jason

You probably will not have much luck with tropic air, I know 2 people working for the company and both already had over 800hrs on the van and well over 2000tt before they got hired. Not sure you will have much luck in PNG with your hours. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Best of Luck.

Thailand Jason
11th Jun 2012, 14:47
No worries. I have a few other options for cool places to work. I'm currently in California, but headed back to ASIA in 2 months. Micronesia is an option, flying Cherokee 6's inter-island.. not the most exciting job, but would build some time...but if anyone has some ideas.. im up for it. ;).. thanks..

geeup
12th Jun 2012, 01:07
These days Hevilift will hire someone with your hours for the right seat on a DHC6.

They even base a couple otters in Burma

Thailand Jason
12th Jun 2012, 04:42
Cool.. that will give me a few leads to work on. ..Burma could be good. I lived in Northern Thailand for 10 years.. just near Burmese Border Been in there a few times.. but im Sure flying there would be awesome!..

goingwalkabout
20th Jun 2012, 05:53
Hey Jason,

I'm kind of going to disagree with what's being suggested by some.. if you have some cash for a ticket and some time spare I suggest giving it a go. PNG is not for everyone but if you can handle some disorganisation and dysfunction you might get some enjoyment out of it. I know a few who recently have been successful getting positions with similar time to you. I strongly suggest before arriving do your homework with organising at least one contact with each organisation you want to visit. An F/O postion on a Twin Otter would be a great start for you.

Good luck with what ever direction you take.

A Squared
22nd Jun 2012, 07:06
An F/O postion on a Twin Otter would be a great start for you.

True, but it would require a multi-engine rating.

Thailand Jason
23rd Jun 2012, 01:58
Thats all sounds great!.. I'm working on the Multi Engine now.. so should have it by the time i get there. It will be fresh but at least ill have it. .. I might give it a go. ill be back in Asia in Few months..any Ideas on contacts? other than APNG, Tropic Air and Hevilift? ... Thanks.. :ok:

Speedy737
14th Aug 2012, 09:01
Hello all, looking for some info on jobs in PNG. Have a really great job at the moment flying right seat in a 737, but bored as all hell with airline flying!! Total time close to 3500 hrs, of which over 3000 hrs are in the 737. Need a change desperately, and want to do some 'real' flying! What are my chances getting employed in PNG? Would love to fly a Twotter! By the way I currently hold an Indian, and NZ CPL. Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Goodnightthefox
14th Sep 2012, 01:34
Hi send your email again to me - [email protected]

Regards,

Darren:ok:

macdonaldjames93
17th Sep 2012, 08:02
Try Hevilift and APNG if you're looking for an Otter job those boys are always looking.
But you rite mate, you want some real flying you'll find there, be warned PNG is not for everybody, I was there for a long time purely coz I love the type of flying and the money was not bad at all,
Good Luck

flyingsaint
19th Sep 2012, 10:08
Hi guys I am seeking for a twin-otter position in png . cpl/ir valid not current 3102.57hrs
2587.57 twin-otter hrs
1345.44 command dhc6

any anything please

Waghi Warrior
19th Sep 2012, 20:00
Plenty of jobs in PNG at the moment for the right people. Best way to get a job in PNG is to firstly do a bit of research into who's in the zoo up there, then buy a return ticket to Port Moresby and get up there and start door knocking with your 1 page resume in your hot little paw. If you got over 1000 hours, an ICAO licence and most importantly "THE RIGHT ATTITUDE" you will get a job, more than likely on the spot!

Killer Loop
20th Sep 2012, 04:32
Flying Saint, have you tried Airlines PNG? If not I would as I'm sure you will get at least some interest. [email protected]

flyingsaint
21st Sep 2012, 00:34
hi killer loop thanks for the eamail address , i have actually tried sending emails to apng and send a full resume to peter wycherly there !no reply and thet was 2 months ago..............love to fly there i wud appreciate any more emails to help me out i have loads of short strip landings and mountain flying and the right attitude just wish i had the cash to get myself there........need a job badly
and thank you so much fot the address will sending one to him NOW!

flyingsaint
21st Sep 2012, 00:35
Anyone else out there who has any details on png please help

Killer Loop
21st Sep 2012, 01:49
PM on its way.

flyingsaint
21st Sep 2012, 02:35
killer loop please forgive my ignorance " whats PM?

troppo
21st Sep 2012, 03:57
pidgin mail. it's on it's way, expect a bird outside a post office near you soon
:}

flyingsaint
21st Sep 2012, 04:15
thanks troppo.........can the pidgin fly to my house instead of the post office

flyingsaint
21st Sep 2012, 05:03
hi killer loop the add [email protected] aint there mate. i send a mail and was returned saying no email address found.
any other email address perhaps?

troppo
21st Sep 2012, 05:03
:rolleyes::rolleyes: sometimes i feel like my wit is wasted :rolleyes::rolleyes:

flyingsaint
21st Sep 2012, 10:29
hey thanks killer got ur pm, HOW do i get mr peter wycherly email (mlo@apng) aint there.....................

pill
24th Sep 2012, 02:30
Hey Craig, Where'd you end up? Good to see your still kickin.

cgwhitemonk11
24th Sep 2012, 07:19
Guys I have a few questions and hope you can help...

1) Whats the visa situation in PNG? I'm a 24 year old Irish guy and am wondering is somewhere like PNG a realistic option before I even start looking?

2) I would do bloody anything to get on a twin otter but as far I know you need a TR under EASA so wondering whats the story with that? I used to fly the Caravan in Belize under an ICAO license so I know that different places means different rules!

3) I currently fly skydivers on an Airvan back home, great job, but the weather in Ireland is brutal and I need some sunshine! Our season ends the end of October, and if i go back to my roots (working in a bar for the Winter) I can build up enough cash for a trip to PNG in January or Feb (or earlier if the hiring season was earlier, I have the cash to go now but would prefer to plan it properly and know where to apply)

3) So for an Irish guy with around 800TT, 500PIC and 185 as an FO on the Caravan (yes I know these wont count towards my ATPL, but I'm not looking for one right now!! :O)

Any advice would be appreciated

:)

celco
25th Sep 2012, 04:43
Where are you now plugger. Is the 'bangle' still in fashion where you are.....
Send me a PM ...AS

5-in-50
19th Oct 2012, 12:16
what kind of rosters are operators generally offering up there? is FIFO on the cards?

ResumeOwnNav
21st Oct 2012, 04:49
APNG offer full time Moresby (Cairns also available for DHC8 crew), 21 on 9 off, or 21 on 21 off.

Nav.

geeup
23rd Oct 2012, 03:47
NZ185 dont think HL has one ;)

No one has be held that title in years :oh:

Position advertised every 3 months on AFAP

http://www.heviliftgroup.com/Vacancies/

Speedy737
18th Mar 2013, 16:18
G'day all! Been a while since anyone posted here. I'm still interested in working in PNG, and now have some more flying time under my belt! Indian national, Indian CPL, NZ CPL, 3700 TT, 3400 of which are right seat on the NG. Still looking to get away from the airlines. Anyone hiring in PNG? If so would someone with my time and being from India be able to land Twin Otter job? Thanks!

Porkins
18th Oct 2013, 05:00
Would also like to know if there's anything going in PNG, if anyone has any updates, would appreciate any local heads up