PDA

View Full Version : Multiflight

The Flying Stool
7th Jun 2012, 22:49
Hi,

Does anyone have any recent experience of completing CPL/ME/IR with Multiflight at either Leeds or Blackpool. If so, what were they like and would you recommend them?

Which of their bases would you recommend as the best training environment for commercial training?

How attractive to prospective employers are former Multiflight students?

Does anybody know what the relationship (if any) is between Multiflight and Jet2 and Eastern Airways. They have both of their logos on the Multiflight website.

The most recent information on the site is from 2010 so I'm after some more recent info.

Mr Boombastick
8th Jun 2012, 08:16
Hi,

On the face of things it doesn't look too bad, but they charge landing and approach fees at about £16 a pop so it will soon put the bill sky high

Plus the time scales are a bit excessive, I don't really want to spend over 4 and a half months doing cpl ir etc.

Shame really because I have family down the road so could have had a nice excuse to spend some time at home for a few months and saved a bit on accommodation.

The Flying Stool
9th Jun 2012, 19:41
Hi,

Thanks for your reply Mr Boombastic. The price list they sent me includes landing and approach fees so I think I have that one covered. With regard to time scales, 4.5 months does sound a long time, especially when being off work unpaid for that length of time. I'll hopefully get it done quicker than that if possible.

Cheers:ok:

Rich_B
18th Jul 2012, 17:59
Forgive my ignorance, I'm a relative newbie but is 4.5 months a long time to complete CPL & IR?

I was under the impression that it took much longer than that.

PPRuNeUser0173
19th Jul 2012, 07:23
Its a good school with a good pass rate and worth considering. Don't write it off on the grounds of timescales. Frankly with the summer weather the UK is experiencing just now I would think most schools are suffering training delays - even down here in sunny Bournemouth!!

magicmick
19th Jul 2012, 09:44
Hi TFS

Not sure if it's any good to you but I have seen them advertising weekend CPL and IR instruction which will obviously take longer but at least you get to keep the job and earn while you learn. Also you will have employment when you complete the course and start looking to kick off your flying career.