PDA

View Full Version : Windows Live Mail

Wodrick
7th Jun 2012, 12:33
Computer failed due wine ingestion so trying to rebuild a new one. All goes well until trying to get the address book of wife who, despite pleas to use Thunderbird insists on Windows Live Mail. I have the old hard drive connected and working but can't find the Live Add book and sent items which would make a happy wife. We all know how important that is.

green granite
7th Jun 2012, 12:47
Is not a copy held on line? I just click on the 'contacts' option in the drop down menu under the hotmail header.

Wodrick
7th Jun 2012, 13:08
It isn't hotmail but I'll have a look. The way I see it it's more the replacement for Outlook Express.

Milo Minderbinder
7th Jun 2012, 13:59
"Is not a copy held on line? I just click on the 'contacts' option in the drop down menu under the hotmail header. "

Not neccesarily. Its only online if Live Mail is configured to log into an online Windows Live account - so giving access to the Live/Hotmail cloud storage
If its just set up traditionally, then it should be present as a list of individual files in c:\users\user name\contacts
Just copying those in sometimes works, however more likely they'll have to be dragged in via the "import" wizard

BOAC
7th Jun 2012, 14:18
The email store should be at 'DRIVE':\Users\yourlogon\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail

The address book should be at 'DRIVE':\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Contacts\{big long folder name..................}\DBStore

Be aware, these folders are normally 'hidden' and you will need to 'unhide' them.

Plenty on Google if you get lost.

Wodrick
7th Jun 2012, 17:20
Thanks for the responses. Should have mentioned the old operating system on reflection. 'twas XP directory structure different to W7 which is as above. Sorry.