PDA

View Full Version : Free ride anyone?

22 Degree Halo
6th Jun 2012, 21:16
BBC News - Woman jailed after driving through Falkirk with man on car bonnet (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-18347338)

Milo Minderbinder
6th Jun 2012, 21:24
so she was found not guilty of nicking a bottle of aftershave - the supposed crime for which the security guard was trying to stop her - and was trying to take her car keys
I dunno, but I think a lot of people might have panicked if someone came along as you tried to get into your car and tried to get the keys off you, uniformed or not (and we don't know if he was uniformed)
Doesn't justify the wild drive, but I get the impression theres more than one person at fault in this

Alloa Akbar
7th Jun 2012, 08:30
I heard (started) a rumour that it was in fact a woman nicking BFraser's square sausage buttie, and not being one to give up a buttie without a fight... :}

B Fraser
7th Jun 2012, 10:42
Wha dare meddle wi' me !

:*

david1300
8th Jun 2012, 00:50
I love this quote from the story: "When my girlfriend gets hormonal, she just shouts a bit, she doesn’t try to kill anyone,"

A Scottish woman has been jailed after driving away from a store where she was suspected of shoplifting with a passer-by clinging to the bonnet of her car.
Suzanne Gilchrist, 37, blamed hormones for racing through the town centre of Falkirk, northeast of Glasgow, swerving violently in an effort to shake Stuart Morris, 22, off her sedan.
CCTV footage of the June 2011 incident showed pharmacy security guard Lorne Stevenson opening Gilchrist's car door to try and snatch the keys from the ignition after she was suspected of stealing a bottle of aftershave, the BBC reports.
"She thought that she was pregnant and was suffering from some sort of hormonal imbalance, and was on such a knife-edge that she panicked," defending barrister Rhona McLeod said.
Gilchrist sped off, collecting Mr Morris on the bonnet as he crossed the road.
"I had just come out of McDonalds after getting a burger," Morris said.
"I saw her arguing with the security guard, and the next thing as I crossed the road — bang she hit me."
Mr Morris told the court that Gilchrist deserved to be jailed and challenged the hormones excuse.
"When my girlfriend gets hormonal, she just shouts a bit, she doesn’t try to kill anyone," he said.
"Gilchrist only stopped in the end because I smashed her windscreen."
Gilchrist has been jailed for four years and three months.
Her plea of not guilty to shoplifting was accepted.

Passer-by clings to shoplifting suspect's bonnet (http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/8480006/passer-by-clings-to-shoplifters-bonnet)

B Fraser
8th Jun 2012, 08:50
Falkirk, northeast of Glasgow, swerving violently in an effort to shake Stuart Morris, 22, off her sedan.

Not only has there been an almighty tectonic shift with Falkirk being shunted North but they have taken to driving sedans. Perhaps the Buckie has been supplanted by absynth too.

Will I be tempted by a pakora supper next time I go home or will the teasing aroma of scallops served with slivers of sage on a bed of puy lentils be wafting doon the high street ?

Alloa Akbar
8th Jun 2012, 09:14
Rename the town "Falkirk-Upon-Tay"..

Lets face it, it's the most exciting thing to happen in Falkirk since Scotland Under-21's last played at Brockville.. ;)

Lon More
8th Jun 2012, 09:39
it's the most exciting thing to happen in Falkirk
or the Canon Iron Works closed down.

Stealing aftershave? Maybe she thought she was in an Off-licence?

B Fraser
8th Jun 2012, 10:23
She blamed her hormones, I guess tampons are shaped like sticks of dynamite with fuses for a reason. Maybe they ought to be re-branded as Femtex.

Dave Barnshaw
8th Jun 2012, 12:12
Brilliant:D:D:D:D

Alloa Akbar
8th Jun 2012, 12:59
I heard that she got upset when the guy grabbed her "bonnet".. I didn't realise she actually meant part of the car.. :E