PDA

View Full Version : Keilir Flight Training

FattyBarr
6th Jun 2012, 12:46
Hi,

Done the usual searches and cant find any recent info from students re this school.

They offer extremley competative rates and I would be interested to hear anyones experiences at this school, positive or negative.

Thanks

aronkari
6th Jun 2012, 13:15
Hi there, i am a former student of the school and i highy recomend it.
The aircrafts are state of the art (Da-20) DA-40 tdi and DA-42NG both with G1000 and the instructors are very professional and the atmosphere is good.

Is there something particular you want to know ? :)

FattyBarr
6th Jun 2012, 14:02
Hi,

Thanks very much for your response....

Do you know what their first time pass rates are like for both CPL and IR?

Also, did you manage to fly everyday or are there problems booking planes, for example if there's a fault with one?

How are you finding job hunting? and do you know how previous students have got on finding jobs?

Many Thanks

aronkari
6th Jun 2012, 15:54
I dont know the pass rate but i have not heard of one person failing a checkride.

Booking a plane is very easy, my experience was that there was not a day where a plane was fully booked.

In the past you had to wait a long time when something was wrong with the planes but that was because of the technical company servicing them(busy with bigger planes) , now they have they´r own mechanics and no problem anymore.

There was a fault in the engines of the DA-42 but both engines where replaced and i haven´t heard of a problem since.

I dont really know about evrerybody´s job hunting but i know allot of guys who have gotten into Ryanair :}

AlexanderH
6th Jun 2012, 23:33
Recently been to the Icelandic Flight Academy to do my IR conversion.

I highly recommend the place.

Mr Boombastick
8th Jun 2012, 22:31
Hi,

Does anyone know how long it takes the Icelandic CAA to issue your license after passing your skills test?

Thanks

aronkari
8th Jun 2012, 22:43
It took them 1 day to issue mine :p