PDA

View Full Version : china Southern flying College

jazzy
6th Jun 2012, 00:10
Hi guys..... I had a phone interview with the HR department and passed that interview and they said that the Chief Pilot will be calling you this week sometime, so I was just wondering what kind of questions he might ask me.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you in advance.:

LexAir
6th Jun 2012, 00:19
How's your Mandarin?
Do you intend to work with us for more than 1 pay period?
Are you prepared for no career progression?

AviatoR21
6th Jun 2012, 04:58
Is your attitude as bad as the above poster? ;)

chili peppered
7th Jun 2012, 07:15
hey jazzy, did you get the call from the chief pilot yet? i'm considering applying myself. any info regarding the questions would be much appreciated. PM if you like.

jazzy
8th Jun 2012, 00:36
Hey Chili Not yet, but I'll pm yourself.
cheers
mate

TSIO540
9th Jun 2012, 01:35
If its anything like it used to be then it might be questions about your experience so far wrt working with international candidates (techniques for teaching at their pace) and about whether you are likely to pass the standardization course.

If you do then it's not a bad place to be... Plenty of flying, an opportunity to improve your skills and most importantly... To network with the senior guys/gals who can help you get better jobs later!:ok:

triathlon
9th Jun 2012, 04:51
How many solo hrs in the circuit must a student do before going solo in the training area?

jazzy
11th Jun 2012, 04:37
thanks guys
approx most people with do it with approx 15-20 hrs total time before doing area solo and pass a flight procedures in regards to the training area etc etc

aussie1234
11th Jun 2012, 09:48
Hi jazzy I think that was a reg question above. It's been a lot of yrs since I instructed but isn't it 2hrs of solo in the circuit before the training area.

triathlon
14th Jun 2012, 10:12
Yes that was a typical basic reg question you may encounter
Read up on your regs I would suggest

MakeItHappenCaptain
14th Jun 2012, 14:21
And Day VFR Syllabus.....:cool:

triathlon
18th Jun 2012, 01:52
How many solo hrs must a student have to be issued with a GFPT?

MikeTangoEcho
19th Jun 2012, 21:39
Think it's 20 TT. 5 command and 2 IF.

Check the syllabus/flight test form.

China Flyer
22nd Jun 2013, 00:19
most people with do it with approx 15-20 hrs total time before doing area solo

I realise the above quote talks about "area solo" and not just solo, but I was wandering what seems to be the average time for going solo these days? The reason I ask is because an earlier post elsewhere mentioned about the same time for solo, not area solo.

I'm an ol' fart, so haven't kept up with the latest..

Avgas172
22nd Jun 2013, 22:25
I'm an ol' fart, so haven't kept up with the latest..
rubbish! you must be younger than even me .... :suspect:

ozziejim
31st Oct 2014, 12:02
Went for an interview here, spent a butt load getting there, end of the first day did the medical at one of the places they told me to with their referral notice, only to get called later that night that I didn't make it to the second day. Now CSWAFC are denying paying for the medical and the clinic is chasing me for it, thanks a lot :mad:

Homesick-Angel
1st Nov 2014, 01:33
Are you talking about a drug and alcohol test?

Cos otherwise, what are you doing there without a medical?

flyingkea
1st Nov 2014, 08:48
Went for an interview here, spent a butt load getting there, end of the first day did the medical at one of the places they told me to with their referral notice, only to get called later that night that I didn't make it to the second day. Now CSWAFC are denying paying for the medical and the clinic is chasing me for it, thanks a lot :mad:

They pay for the drug and alcohol test? :confused: :ooh: