PDA

View Full Version : Dragonair

Take it Easy
5th Jun 2012, 07:28
Hi everybody,

I got an invitation for the first interview with Dragonair in London.
Anybody already attended one? Any tips?

Thanks

Take it easy

CX-Hopeful
5th Jun 2012, 09:14
Hey guys,
Did anyone do the initial dragon air test today? How did you think you went?

~ cx-hopeful

Kristoff
5th Jun 2012, 09:31
Did you guys apply for the MPL or CPL program ?

Mungo Man
6th Jun 2012, 16:39
I've got initial FO interview coming up too. I've been looking though the masses of forms they sent me to fill in and although I have over 4000hrs including 3000 jet and over 600 night hours, I never flew over 65nm at night as PIC when I did my night rating. Is this really necessary to convert my ATPL?!

youbuet
7th Jun 2012, 02:28
Mungo Man , good luck to all those going for interviews . All the paperwork and requirements are for the CAD to issue a licence , not a a Dragonair requirement . The CAD can be frustrating at times as there is no leeway , it's black and white if you have got the requirements . CANNOT do anything outside the square !

Mungo Man
7th Jun 2012, 11:05
That's ridiculous. There must be people who have joined KA who were in a similar position.

Iver
10th Jun 2012, 19:59
Sounds like Dragonair would be a good option if you had NO OTHER options... Plenty of pilots in Europe now who are running out of good options - to Dragonair's delight.

Personally, I'd explore opportunities in the Middle East (Qatar, Air Arabia and the other non-EK UAE airline) before I'd look to very expensive Hong Kong. :eek: But that's just me... Waiting 10 years for an A320 command at Dragonair seems outrageous to me.

bacou
12th Jun 2012, 10:57
Mungo Man
Don't worry for the conversion if you don't fit the HKCAD requirement for an ATPL you will be issued a CPL. It's what happened to me and it didn't pose any problem to join KA.

chrislikesblue
6th Jul 2012, 12:36
Hello guys! I am also booked for the initial interview of Dragon Air,i will be in London next week. Anyone knows how long that takes?

fung9420
8th Jul 2012, 19:45
I got invitation for initial test in late july in Melb.

So exciting now.