PDA

View Full Version : Instructor - Relocating to Whenuapai

HercFeend
4th Jun 2012, 07:36
Hi all

After a short stint at Marlborough Aero Club, which is an awesome place btw, I'm relocating to Whenuapai, Auckland in early July 2012 with my family.

Once settled, you know how it is, I will be looking for instructing / glider towing / jump piloting (subject to rating) / any flying opportunities in the area.

If you know of anything or have any thoughts or suggestions of people / organisations I could or should speak to (jeez I'm going to regret asking that open question here aren't I) please feel free to contact/PM me. Any help or advice would be gratefully received.

Many thanks in advance.
HF

HercFeend
4th Jun 2012, 23:52
Wow!! I'm going to be run off my feet then :bored:

baron_beeza
5th Jun 2012, 01:01
Yep. I am wondering if most of the silence is coming from all the guys currently living in Auckland that have been chasing the same opportunities.

Are you being posted with the mob ? How about the WASC for starters..

HercFeend
6th Jun 2012, 19:44
Yeah, kind of! Thought I'd try WASC and North Shore for starter......

I'll refrain from holding my breath just yet though! :ugh:

Terrorhawk81
6th Jun 2012, 23:14
Didn't WASC have an ad for a B-Cat or senior C-Cat position back in April?

NZFlyingKiwi
7th Jun 2012, 06:51
Yes, they did. Not sure whether they've filled the position or not.

HercFeend
7th Jun 2012, 08:30
Yes they did & yes they have. I popped in there yesterday to say hi, they've found a B-Cat to fill the role, didn't catch here name.

waren9
7th Jun 2012, 22:49
Not having the flexibility to move to chase work sure puts the brakes on progress. Having another income is the upside.

Hopefully soon you'll be able to make that transition.

In the meantime, I'd find out whats being used for glider towing by clubs near and far and make sure you have those types in your book. It'll involve a bit of driving but its something I did to keep things ticking.

HercFeend
18th Jun 2012, 08:21
Yeah thanks W9

There's gliding on the base too I believe so I'll make contact when we get up there - always better face to face......

I tried making contact with the Auckland Skydivers there, tumble weeds so far - I'll pop in in person I think ;)

codenamejames
19th Jun 2012, 07:08
Might be also worth checking out Parakai - bit of meat bombing there.

North Shore is a great club but not sure if they have any vacancies.