View Full Version : advice needed for BA applicant

spikyt
1st Jun 2001, 22:48
Hello all,
I have recently applied to BA's Pilot Training course.
I have been asked to attend the assesment in August and have afew questions regarding it.
1. If I was successful throughout all the stages, could anyone predict when the course is liekly to start? do they do one a year or several?
2.What is their main emphasis on with regards to what kind of people they recruit?
3. When applying I didnt mention that Iam just coming to the end of my fisrt year of a degree course at uni, as I didnt see that it fitted into any of the areas of the apllication. I am not enjoying the course and hope to leave and go to BA! should I tell them at interview that I am on a course and risk being told to finish my degree first or them say they don't like quitters or should I not mention it and hope for the best?
I would be really grateful if someone could reply by posting here, and even more grateful if they could email me also a copy of what they write!

Thanx everyone!

------------------
BA wannabe!

Autofly
1st Jun 2001, 23:17
Spikyt,

1. Steady on old chap ....... if you've just applied and if you get on the course it probably won't start till next year which sort of answers question 3. If you're near the end of the course then you'll have finished before the OATS course starts. Another thing about question 3, they'll want to know why you chose that course at that uni and what you plan to do at the end. Try to be as enthusiastic as possible.

2. Pass ..... next question. As long as your honest when you fill the personality questionare at Heathrow HONESTLY you can do no more. See a post a couple of days ago about this.

Don't be disheartend if you don't get on. It's a hard to course to get on and there are plenty of other courses to apply to. You've got the best seat in the house to find out about the others. Hope this helps and good luck.

Autofly

spikyt
1st Jun 2001, 23:33
sorry if the question was a bit long winded! cheers for the input mate!
would still really appreciate anyone elses responses.
cheers!

------------------
BA wannabe!

Cough
2nd Jun 2001, 01:18
1) Get through the application process first. The rest will follow.

2) Their main interest is getting people who are suited to being professional airline pilots. The background of these people is varied, so when you go to the interview, be yourself, and let them decide.

3) If you are not enjoying your course, then go and see your tutor. It is far better to achieve a degree in a subject which interests you, than fail one that you find so dull. You may be able to take credits from this first year onwards to something different.

4) Don't post something on R+N again coz it didn't get answered here!

Good luck

CCCCccccccc.....ough