PDA

View Full Version : Jetstar Japan

Maisk Rotum
1st Jun 2012, 19:10
They are about to start ops within an AOC awarded just before Bruce decided he likes selling cosmetics more, yet so little intel on the airline within aviation circles. Mate of mine out-of-the blue got offered an interview. If they are starting ops in weeks that means they have JCAB rated guys ready to go. They must be Japanese guys, but I dont recall JAL laying off any Airbus rated guys!!?? Anyone in the know about pay and conditions?

zlin77
1st Jun 2012, 20:17
Some Ex JAL 777 Captains working in Turkey are/have returned to Japan to join Jetstar, doing A320 conversion in Melbourne.

waren9
1st Jun 2012, 22:00
And have been doing their line training with Jetstar here in Aussie.

The Kelpie
1st Jun 2012, 22:05
And have been doing their line training with Jetstar here in Aussie.

I hope that they have the required work visa and are being paid in accordance with the EBA whilst Line Training!

Perhaps another breach of immigration and FWA to be looked at!!

Any intel??

More to Follow

The Kelpie

More

Hugh Jarse
1st Jun 2012, 22:08
There has been a steady stream of Japanese gentlemen passing through Boeing Flight Training in BN for at least the last 8 weeks (using A320 sim).

TWOTBAGS
1st Jun 2012, 23:29
Numerous sectors along the East Coast this week with prenty of Japanese voices behind the radio at Onestar.

Good to see that they aren't totally being thrown in at the deep end for when they get back to RJAA.

Wonder if they company provide white or orange gloves.....:}

zlin77
2nd Jun 2012, 01:40
The majority in Istanbul have given the gloves away, once they saw The Gaijin could safely operate a 777 without them...

hka_to_jetstarhk
25th Jul 2012, 14:41
I have search and PM'd and asked but there is not information about the T&C for Jetstar Japan.

What is the salary for a Captain? Terms and conditions?
When will they lift the restriction for having a JCAB license any time soon?

Any information would be appreciated.

Thank you

Martin VanNostrum
27th Jul 2012, 18:14
JCAB will always require anyone flying a Japanese registered aircraft to have a Japanese licence. Count on 6 months training.