PDA

View Full Version : tips for IOT

gaycowboy
31st Mar 2002, 15:30
chaps looking for top tips for starting IOT at RAFC, any chance? although after reading the dartmouth thread will expect something along the lines of "keep out of the press".

muchos gracias. gc.

Mach the Knife
1st Apr 2002, 03:09
:cool:
If the nasty senior officer asks you to make haste with your newly issued kit, take your high heels off first. Unless of course you wish to become a total waste of oxygen and take legal action against the MOD for your own stupidity.

Grobbler
1st Apr 2002, 11:23
GC, which course are you on? I'm starting on 199 IOT in August. Better start working on the old fitness!

Slow Roll
1st Apr 2002, 11:46
Grobbler could do well to take his own advice methinks! :D

Or did you sneak in some exercise last week when I wasn't looking?

stillin1
1st Apr 2002, 13:29
Tell em you have always fancied a job on XI sqn :rolleyes:

imooshiz
1st Apr 2002, 15:12
think again!

silverjs
1st Apr 2002, 18:29
Grobbler,

When did you attend OASC?

And others - what is the typical wait time between OASC and the beginning of IOT?

Thanks...

Dunhovrin
2nd Apr 2002, 10:17
Top Tips from a long time ago:

1. Learn to bull your now - not on Day 1.

2. Ditto ironing.

3. In my day a car in the car park was the perfect place to stow extra kit thus keeping your room spic and empty.

4. Manage your time efficiently - especially mealtimes - ie eat fast.

The English Passenger
2nd Apr 2002, 12:08
Spend as much time in the bar as possible, doing lots of work in the evenings is pointless, achieves nothing except making you anally retentive, and is not as much fun!

Remember, the ***** people pass, the grey people pass, and those with any ability get recoursed for having a bad attitude (especially aircrew).

So get your head down when on show and get on with it, chill out when off parade and get out of Cranditz ASAP.

Whipping Boy's SATCO
2nd Apr 2002, 15:51
Don't call yourself "gaycowboy".:) :) :)

UAM
2nd Apr 2002, 16:14
Im off to jolly cranditz as well, IOT entry 199. Rather looking forward to it, and after three years at uni, so is my bank manager!
Heard some nasty rumours at pre-iot about them toughening it up a bit, us lardy boys will no longer be tolerated, especially in aircrew branch and Reg. obviously.
Anyone heard when IOT is going to transition into a 8 months stay instead? Hopefully we will miss out on that one.
As far as advice goes, your UAS (if you are on one) should have pre-iot help sheets, giving a wealth of hints and tips. one of the best ive heard is to keep your workiing uniform in your car, and keep a super-starched set of uniform in your wardrobe. as long as you dont get caught!

gaycowboy
2nd Apr 2002, 21:13
some good gen, cheers. nothing changes though!

indeed it will be farewell to those halcyon uas days and off to 199. see you there if you're going, and no, anyone attending iot in 2002 will still be on the 24 week course. however, feb next year onwards...

girls and guns. gc.