PDA

View Full Version : Is nationality a factor in selection?

astronetster
1st Jun 2012, 15:37
Is nationality a factor in selection?

I am a Myanmar national, studied and been living in Singapore for more than five years.

I had applied for their Cadet Pilot Program in March but since I had received no reply.

Is there anyone from SG or other regional areas been selected?

Thanks for your reply. Appreciated.

Koyo
2nd Jun 2012, 08:56
That depends on which cadet program you applied for. The zero experience iCadet program is dead so you will need a HKID in order to apply. The Advance Entry and Transition cadet program should be open to everyone meeting the experience requirement.

Cathay Pacific - Careers : Careers Home (http://www.cathaypacific.com/cpa/en_INTL/careers/flying/fdc_so_programmes)

Andy98
2nd Jun 2012, 12:40
How long has zero experience been dead?

blade
2nd Jun 2012, 13:04
not long enough

Koyo
3rd Jun 2012, 06:43
I believe they killed the zero experience iCadet early this year. If I read the other threads correctly, CX only managed to squeeze in 1 or 2 classes before HK Immigration Department stepped in.

Koyo
4th Jun 2012, 00:40
...when truth is over 15 batches of iCadets will have gone through Adelaide when all cadets graduate

I stand corrected. Regardless, the iCadet program is dead for now unless CX somehow convince the government to reconsider.

Kimaya Kher
15th Jun 2012, 17:56
Is the ab initio programme still open to all nationalities?

Koyo
16th Jun 2012, 00:40
CX had carefully worded the requirement as "preference for this programme will be given to HKID holders". But if you dig into the other threads, it's very likely that your application will never be consider if you're not a HKID holder.

My original comment about 1 or 2 classes getting squeezed in was improperly worded. It's exactly like localcadetflyer said, HK Immigration complained about the situation about ab initio (zero experience) iCadet but allowed these already passed the interviews to be placed into the program.

flyber
25th Jun 2012, 10:00
I can confirm to you guys that the hkid requirement for ab initios has finally affected even those in the interview process. I had my stage one in December 2011 and stage 2/3 early 2012. I had been referred for a Icao english retest in 6 months time but I was later informed that I have to wait longer;12 months instead, due to current immigration issues. A buddy of mine was to join in April but they have been silent on him since then. He doesn't have a hkid. Can CX appeal on this immigration issue or the 12 months deferral is for me to get the hkid which I believe is next to impossible.