PDA

View Full Version : Falling Sheep & very active caterpillars

fernytickles
1st Jun 2012, 12:42
So here's the story below. But what are those two giant hairy caterpillars doing on the interviewees forehead while he speaks? I'm not sure how to post just the video, but it is in there somewhere....

BBC News - Hundreds of sheep 'rain' on Melbourne motorists (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-18292544)

Hundreds of sheep 'rain' on Melbourne motorists (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-18292544)

Hundreds of sheep 'rain' on Melbourne motorists

Paramedic Allan Eade: "We have a large number of deceased and injured livestock, only a small number of injured occupants of the vehicles"

Falling sheep hit vehicles in the Australian city of Melbourne after a lorry carrying livestock overturned on a flyover.

As the truck carrying 400 sheep hung precariously, its cargo plunged on to the road below.

Several cars were smashed as they were hit by the falling animals or swerved to avoid them.

Many sheep were killed or injured, but Melbourne police said there were no human casualties.

Police say that the lorry was travelling to the town of Geelong when the accident occurred on the flyover above the Princess Freeway.

The cause of the incident is still being determined.

"This is quite an unusual event," Allan Eade, a paramedic, told the Associated Press news agency.

"First of all we looked up and we could see the truck flip on its side and the next minute we were underneath and well, yeah, it rained sheep," passenger Christey Davis also told AP.

Lon More
1st Jun 2012, 12:49
Initial thought, a sort of drive-through for sheepshaggers?

Hydromet
1st Jun 2012, 13:30
As the NZer said, "It's raining virgins!"

Axerock
1st Jun 2012, 13:40
Naah Mate. Those sheep werent virgins for long. Once they hit the road they were fu*ked.

The SSK
1st Jun 2012, 13:51
City Gent Oh, jolly good too. (surveys field; he looks puzzled) I say, those are sheep aren't they?
Rustic Ar.
City Gent Yes, yes of course, I thought so...only...er why are they up in the trees?
Rustic A fair question and one that in recent weeks has been much on my mind. It's my considered opinion that they're nesting.
City Gent Nesting?
Rustic Ar.
City Gent Like birds?
Rustic Ar. Exactly. Birds is the key to the whole problem. It's my belief that these sheep are laborin' under the misapprehension that they're birds. Observe their behavior. Take for a start the sheeps' tendency to 'op about the field on their back legs. (off-screen baa-ing) Now witness their attempts to fly from tree to tree. Notice that they do not so much fly as...plummet. (sound of sheep plummeting) Observe for example that ewe in that oak tree. She is clearly trying to teach her lamb to fly. (baaaaaa...thump) Talk about the blind leading the blind.
City Gent But why do they think they're birds?
Rustic Another fair question. One thing is for sure; a sheep is not a creature of the air. They have enormous difficulty in the comparatively simple act of perchin'. (crash) As you see. As for flight, its body is totally unadapted to the problems of aviation. Trouble is, sheep are very dim. Once they get an idea in their heads, there's no shifting it.