PDA

View Full Version : Air Asia Direct Entry First Officer (DEFO)

nakmoz
30th May 2012, 09:12
Good day. I was invited for Air Asia's DEFO Exam, which is the 1st out of 4 stages.
I understand that the 1st stage will be the Exam. 2nd Stage would be an interview with the people from HR. 3rd Stage will be a Sim Check on an A320. And lastly the 4th stage will be an interview with the people from upstairs, usually called the Quality Control stage.

The 1st stage for me will be held on 4th of July 2012. I've heard it is one of the hardest entry exam in Malaysia. Does anyone have any insight on the details of the exam questions ? It will mean a lot to the other forum readers and ofcourse myself. Also are there any tips ? I have been told to expect UK ATPL questions, but I currently hold a NZ Frozen ATPL. Will the ATPL syllabus differ in a lot of manner ?

Apologies if I am wrong, please feel free to correct any of my statements.

Thanks a bunch

virani_sarfaraz
31st May 2012, 09:38
hi how did u apply and when i have been waiting for their reply but didnt get any are u type rated on 320

do u have any contact no s where they give u an update on ur application

nakmoz
31st May 2012, 09:51
Are you Malaysian ? Because only Malaysians are entitled to be in the right-hand seat for any airline in Malaysia. It is a rule made by the DCA of Malaysia. Anybody out there could correct me if i am wrong. No I am not type-rated on the A320, only cpl/frozen atpl with 250+hours