PDA

View Full Version : NAIPS Stored Flight Files

kalavo
30th May 2012, 07:33
Does anybody know how to create or edit these, or is it something only ATC have access to modify?

rioncentu
30th May 2012, 09:03
Good question. I've had my plane for 5 years and still see stored plans from the previous owner.

Mind you I mainly use stored plans on the IPad so I bet it's easy to do on the desktop.

Keen to hear

2bigmellons
30th May 2012, 09:20
If you've got your Jepps handy, check out ATC AU605 2.9.6 Stored Flight Files.

Essentially it's an agreement an operator has with briefing to store the files online. You email/fax the flight notification and/or SPFIB details to them and they enter it into the system.

In my experience, due to the workload of the guys/girls looking after these (I believe they are ATCO's), they can take some time to action requests for changes.

It certainly would be handy if the user could input and modify these as required.

Hope that helps.

Aimpoint
30th May 2012, 10:28
AUSFIC look after it, and generally have them in the system within 24 hours when I've dealt with them :ok:

as fragged
31st May 2012, 11:17
Give the briefing office a call. I think it was them that used to accept them as faxed templates with blanks to be filled in on the day/activation. The naming convention was the tricky bit from memory.

Good Luck