PDA

View Full Version : Qantas/Emirates Codeshare

Nudlaug
29th May 2012, 11:34
Rumour of a Thursday announcement about a Emirates/Qantas Domestic (the new one) buy in of 30% or 40% (hearing conflicting numbers). Apparently in QF's reservation system the Emirates Codeshare is already preloaded and visible. Any confirmation from anyone?

73to91
29th May 2012, 12:31
Will the agreement be with only QF Domestic? or the QANTAS Group?

i.e. Emirates might be happy using Qantaslink with say SYD to Port Macquarie but surely not JQ SYD/OOL

unseen
29th May 2012, 12:41
Qantas slaps down talk of Emirates investment - Flights | hotels | frequent flyer | business class - Australian Business Traveller (http://www.ausbt.com.au/qantas-slaps-down-talk-of-emirates-investment)

Keg
29th May 2012, 12:51
Airline Hub Buzz had a link to something a week or so back that showed that a particular reservation system was now 'preferencing' EK flights to Europe tying up with QF instead of BA flights. Don't recall what that was all about.

Dixons Millions
29th May 2012, 16:36
I can confirm that the res systems are now loaded with EK codeshare.
Checking in at Bne Intl recently, the QF check in guy asked me if I was aware of this. I said no so he then spun his screen around & showed me. Sure enough the code sharing with EK was clearly there. The system is loaded up ready to go. Saw it with my own eyes.

donpizmeov
29th May 2012, 18:17
Was like this in the late 90s as well.

DirectAnywhere
29th May 2012, 22:28
It makes sense, would be good for shareholders and would be one of the few steps taken by management re the international network about which I could say that.

It probably means the death of QF mainline to just about anywhere north and west of Singapore though. :{

wheels_down
29th May 2012, 22:44
Its nothing new. QF has been interlining with EK for years.

dragon man
30th May 2012, 08:51
Big announcement tomorrow, i am led to believe it will be the sale of part of Qantas domestic to Emirates. Only time will tell if im correct.

V-Jet
30th May 2012, 09:21
Ditto Dom. 25%????

Wait and see I/we guess.

Qantas 787
30th May 2012, 09:31
You are all on the wrong track............drumroll, the new uniforms will be announced. That is considered a big announcement these days

ALAEA Fed Sec
30th May 2012, 10:52
Will I need to shave and put a suit on? Maybe a party hat if my wishes come true.

Sonny Hammond
30th May 2012, 11:37
New branding for QF. It's been months since the last one.

TwoFiftyBelowTen
30th May 2012, 23:59
The new song

"I've been to cities, now don't get me wrong
From Hong Kong to Singapore,
Singapore to Hong Kong,
Once we could take you worldwide anywhere
Now we can just code share"

Keg
31st May 2012, 02:18
New branding for QF. It's been months since the last one.

It was actually 2008 that Geoff Dixon announced the 'new' kangaroo. It was praised at the time by branding experts as a subtle but important change to the brand. I wonder what they think of the fact that four years on only about half of our fleet is in the new brand. :ugh: :rolleyes:

QF94
31st May 2012, 06:26
It was actually 2008 that Geoff Dixon announced the 'new' kangaroo. It was praised at the time by branding experts as a subtle but important change to the brand. I wonder what they think of the fact that four years on only about half of our fleet is in the new brand. :ugh: :rolleyes:

That's because the half that hasn't been painted in the new scheme will be phased out before they're due a "transformation".

TheWholeEnchilada
1st Jun 2012, 02:49
AAE & Australia post managers have been telling staff this morning that Emirates to buy 25% stake in Qantas Domestic.

Wizofoz
1st Jun 2012, 05:03
AAE & Australia post managers have been telling staff this morning that Emirates to buy 25% stake in Qantas Domestic.

That would explain breaking QF into seperate International and domestic entities.

blow.n.gasket
4th Jun 2012, 00:42

I wonder how the Qantas Sale Act will effect this supposition?

Has qantas got a cash flow problem? Do they need to raise Capitol?
How are they going to pay for all these 787's and a320's on order?
How's that Asian expansion going? What's been spent so far on the Jetstar experiment?
I would have thought that the one asset at Managements disposal to "dispose of" or should that be "leverage off " would be Jetstar.
After all, haven't management claimed all along that Jetstar isn't beholdant to the Sale Act, a claim by the way that hasn't been challenged in court yet.:E
I wonder how much leverage the unions could wangle there?

hardon69
4th Jun 2012, 05:39
I have to wonder if workers bought shares, maybe a few each, not a crazy amount, but price is low - can it get much lower?

well if workers had more of a say in the business in the form of shares could things be better? Not sure if they can get much more dire for the workers.... Although never say never... what I am saying, they can get heaps worse.....

Just an idea. Can anyone tell me do they think the share price can get lower by much? I know the world market has collapsed etc etc.....

DrPepz
4th Jun 2012, 06:28
Would the ACCC allow this? A EK+QF partnership would mean that EK+QF and Jetstar will have nearly 40% of Australia's international traffic. EK and QF compete across the Tasman, BKK-SYD, SIN-BNE, SIN-MEL and Australia-Europe. Unlike Virgin Australia which never did overlap on a single one of SQ's routes, QF and EK overlap on nearly all routes.

Beer Baron
4th Jun 2012, 09:39
Do QF and EK actually compete on routes to BKK and SIN? I would have thought that lack of fifth freedom rights would mean that EK can only carry pax to BKK or SIN if in transit to Dubai.
I do however agree that they certainly compete on flights to Europe but that is fairly small portion of their network and is a route(s) with considerable alternative competition other than QF/EK.

DrPepz
4th Jun 2012, 10:48
EK has full fifth freedom rights SYD-BKK and BNE/MEL-SIN.

sleeve of wizard
6th Jun 2012, 16:09
oneworld's BA and Qantas may shake up global alliances irreversibly as Emirates and Qatar enter | CAPA (http://www.centreforaviation.com/analysis/oneworlds-ba-and-qantas-may-shake-up-global-alliances-irreversibly-as-emirates-and-qatar-enter-75416)