PDA

View Full Version : ? CAA approved electronic pilot logbook

Oilhead
28th May 2012, 16:43
Hello - is there a really good electronic logbook that is acceptable to the CAA and FAA?

Thanks - OH

pudoc
28th May 2012, 17:30
I looked into this myself and the results I got was that as long as your electronic logbook contains the same information as your paper logbook would, then you can use anything. Provided that you sign each sheet if you print it out.

There are tonnes out there, I like LogTen Pro but that's Mac, iPhone and iPad only.

I've never come across one that states they are CAA approved though.

mixture
28th May 2012, 17:56
Provided that you sign each sheet if you print it out.

If you print it out ?

Surely when !

For something as important as logs, you're playing with fire if you don't print out your electronic copies on a regular basis !

Genghis the Engineer
28th May 2012, 18:40
Well, there is the other option of backing it up in several places, which I'd have thought anybody with a modicum of common sense will do.

Personally I keep a paper logbook that I've had for ever, but an electronic logbook which I wrote myself in MS Excel. If anything needs to go to the CAA - which I seem to have done about once per year lately, I print the whole thing out, sign the first and last pages, and they've been perfectly happy with that.

G

Oilhead
29th May 2012, 13:12
Thanks for the inputs. Do any of the logbook programmes allow you to store your flight time in the "Cloud" rather than on a particular computer? Seems the safest way to store data safely now.

Genghis the Engineer
4th Jun 2012, 18:19
You could just set up whatever file method you use on Google docs or similar. I elect not to, but there's no reason that I couldn't easily put my Excel logbook there.

For me having it on my laptop, flashdrive, and work PC, seems enough.

G