PDA

View Full Version : Kallita Air Jackets

Cavallier
27th May 2012, 08:35
Was sharing stories with a Kallita pilot at F Street Anchorage the other day and he was telling me of a leather flying jacket they used to issue to crews with "The Bounty Hunter" emblazoned on the back, which I believe was what Connie Kallitas drag car was called.

If this is true are there any places you could pick one up second hand??? Would be a great souvenir.

Thanks,
The Cav:ok:

good spark
28th May 2012, 18:49
bounty hunter
there was a guy who turned up in ostend and worked for the old man who had a bounty hunter jacket but it was a nylon type, sortof black and orange inside, pictures of drag cars on the back and front his name was jerry something crs good luck with the hunt

gs

unwashed
28th May 2012, 19:43
That was the name of his car. That jacket would harken back to the AIA days of folk lore. I would not even know where to get my hands on one these days, they are not issued and I have only seen a few of the old, old, old timers wearing them.

fesmokie
29th May 2012, 14:56
Why don't you go to the Kalitta Website and have a look. Maybe there's contact info and you can find out if the jackets are available. Just a thought.:ok:

Cavallier
30th May 2012, 05:14
Tried that, also ebay, Amazon etc. There were some interesting products on the Kallita racing website.

The Cav:cool:

fesmokie
30th May 2012, 14:34
That's too bad. Ive only seen the jacket once or twice and I worked for Connie since 1993 and worked out of YIP since 83. I don't think there were mass amounts of them made. Good Luck.

Junkflyer
30th May 2012, 17:10
There used to be a cool logo store near the engine shop near YIP too bad its not around anymore. The hq building at YIP has a few things -shirts etc, for sale. Last time I visited was a few years ago.

jrstolport
31st May 2012, 19:51
Yeah I have one.Black vinal w/ kalitta flying serv. on back.
May want to part with it.

Cavallier
1st Jun 2012, 05:48
This is excellent. Thanks for the responses guys. Willing to part with considerate sums of money........;)

The Cav

jrstolport
1st Jun 2012, 13:32
I never wore it.Still has the tag on the sleeve.Ex. condition
Bought it in the early 90's in YIP.Guess their rare now.

Cavallier
2nd Jun 2012, 11:29
How much would you be willing to part with it .

oceancrosser
2nd Jun 2012, 12:40
I think now its time for you guys to take your haggling to the pm level and conclude the deal. :D

Cavallier
2nd Jun 2012, 14:16
Understood, or as we say at cx constantly "check"

carlrsymington
2nd Jun 2012, 17:19
I'd love to see pictures of the jacket. I wouldn't be upset by smiling portraits of the buyer either. (no idea what you look like but doesn't hurt to see someone happy).

Cavallier
5th May 2013, 17:53
Hello all,
Sorry to bring this to the top again, but a couple of months ago I lost on a heated ebay auction for a 'Bounty Hunter' Kalitta pilot jacket. To any guy/gals out there if you still have one I would pay handsomely for one, plus you can sleep with my sister .............

The Cav:cool: