PDA

View Full Version : Mint Airways Bankrupt

scarebus03
25th May 2012, 20:37
Mint Airways based in Madrid Spain has filed for bankruptcy and ceased operations. The Airline was an ACMI outfit and had 2 x B757's.
Good luck to all the employees in seeking further opportunities.

Brgds

SB03

MKY661
27th May 2012, 12:39
Not another one :(

Hope they all get jobs ASAP and good luck to them all.

JSCL
27th May 2012, 13:13
Would have thought they'd have tried to last out the summer season at least. No doubt leaving many operators like TCX in a rut. Best of luck to those employed.

chaps2011
27th May 2012, 14:37
Didn`t think they were doing any work for TCX this summer so probably
leaving a very big dent in their programme

Ian

Hotel Tango
27th May 2012, 15:50
Looks like Air Finland are back as support (for TCX/TOM etc?). Saw one of their 757s sitting in Brum waiting for business the other day.

wannabe-aviator
5th Jul 2012, 11:41
According to a pilot I know at Mint, it seems they have either been acquired or are about to be acquired, apparently to be re-branded as part of the restructuring of the company however crews and other employees are still in limbo as to their chances of re-employment any one has anything concrete on this, great if it happens at least my friend will be back in the saddle as well as all the other workers and professional guys and girls there....

Many safe landings
WA:ok:

puppet on a string
5th Jul 2012, 12:41
nothing concerete I'm afraid...in fact the opposite.

I had heard about this...the man behind it is Middle-East 'business' man !! He claims to have £££ to spare and aircraft lined up to go on AOC. Unfortunately, he has been claiming to buy various airlines around the EU for some time now...all came to nothing...as I suggest this will.

wannabe-aviator
5th Jul 2012, 14:45
POAS

Thanks for that I will let my mate know however according to him the "cash has been flashed" as they say, I think I may know who your on about and if his initials correspond to a favorite Machine Gun from his part of the world, I heard his fingers got burnt by some guys in Estonia and Austria for the tune of some 500K British Pounds and his from a big A$$ family in that part of the world so I would give him the benefit of the doubt, innocent until proven otherwise as the saying goes, besides no personal gain from this I just feel sorry for my mate, THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP THOUGH.

Many safe landings
WA:ok:

Captain Caveman
5th Jul 2012, 16:16
If the initials are DB and it is an Asian guy with the first name "Dave" lol steer clear ;)