PDA

View Full Version : Woman pilot ejects passenger for "sexist" remarks

Blind Squirrel
25th May 2012, 08:58
Works for TRIP Airlines in Brazil, a mid-sized regional carrier part-owned by SkyWest in the United States.

Passenger thrown off plane by female pilot because of sexist remarks - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/southamerica/brazil/9286786/Passenger-thrown-off-plane-by-female-pilot-because-of-sexist-remarks.html)

Dg800
25th May 2012, 09:02
"I'm not flying with a female at the controls"

Looks like his wish came true. Must have been his lucky day. :ok:

Is it just me, or does the title make it sound as if he was ejected mid-flight? :E

Mungo Man
25th May 2012, 09:03
He reportedly shouted: "Someone should have told me the captain was a woman. "I'm not flying with a female at the controls".

At which point the Captain should have pushed back and not let him off!

Dg800
25th May 2012, 09:19
At which point the Captain should have pushed back and not let him off!

And risk having to return immediately to the point of departure to disembark a disruptive passenger? I think kicking him off was the best course of action, I hope he gets banned for life from the airline. :mad:

Cacophonix
25th May 2012, 09:22
Is it just me, or does the title make it sound as if he was ejected mid-flight?

Premature ejectulation. ;)

An even bigger problem than sexism methinks!

alemaobaiano
25th May 2012, 09:43
According to other passengers interviewed after the flight he was quite a bit more disruptive than the linked article suggests and, apart from his comments about the captain, he also refused to obey the FAs instructions to sit down again during pushback. His rant lasted for some time, and the flight was delayed by 40 minutes as a result.

If he doesn't want to fly with female pilots he'd better take the bus, every airline here employs women pilots......but then again we have women bus drivers too !!!

Muppet!!!!!

Basil
25th May 2012, 10:37
Wait a mo! Don't I recognise her from the Don Juan in Rio?
v
v
v
v
v
v
In with her crew, of course :E

beardy
25th May 2012, 15:00
Sorry, I couldn't resist this headline:

Female pilot for Brazilian airline tosses passenger off flight for making sexist remarks
(http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/the_americas/female-pilot-for-brazilian-airline-tosses-passenger-off-flight-for-making-sexist-remarks/2012/05/22/gIQAOOQuiU_story.html)

coldair
25th May 2012, 17:50
Quote from beardy ;

Female pilot for Brazilian airline tosses passenger off flight for making sexist remarks
(http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/the_americas/female-pilot-for-brazilian-airline-tosses-passenger-off-flight-for-making-sexist-remarks/2012/05/22/gIQAOOQuiU_story.html)

beardy, please don't post comments like that again. I now have to clean the coffee off my keyboard and monitor.

EEngr
25th May 2012, 18:58
Don't know what the guy's problem was. I've heard that they've always been pretty good with narrow landing strips.;)

Hotel Tango
25th May 2012, 19:31
I've no problems with them flying the damn aeroplanes, it's parking the damn things! :eek: Then again, they don't have to reverse in do they. :E

[Only joking ladies].

Union Jack
25th May 2012, 22:48
Don't know what the guy's problem was. I've heard that they've always been pretty good with narrow landing strips.

Well, since we're talking about Brazilians here, it does indeed sound like she had a close shave and he must have been nuts .......:eek:

Jack

paddybiggles
25th May 2012, 23:54
the noun got in the way of an excellent joke

MATELO
25th May 2012, 23:56
I have it on good authority the said gentleman was covering her excess.

TRW Plus
26th May 2012, 03:39
Would have been a lot worse the other way round.

2dPilot
26th May 2012, 08:29
Beardy,

Female pilot for Brazilian airline tosses passenger off flight for making sexist remarks (http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/the_americas/female-pilot-for-brazilian-airline-tosses-passenger-off-flight-for-making-sexist-remarks/2012/05/22/gIQAOOQuiU_story.html)Seems a bit of a stiff penalty.
And most unusual for a stick-shaker activation while still at the ramp?

notlangley
26th May 2012, 15:08
I am lost for words