PDA

View Full Version : Qantas reduction of heavy maintenance

Jethro Gibbs
25th May 2012, 02:41
Where has all the Union Representation gone no further meetings since announcement ?

tgbgtgb
25th May 2012, 02:50
Why dont you call them and ask? I was under the impression they had a meeting on wednesday

What sort of representation do you feel you need?

Jethro Gibbs
25th May 2012, 03:06
Well I understand Qantas cant even get there act together on accurate figures of who is going or numbers for positions in Brisbane if this is the fact they should be putting out this information if Qantas is messing around still.

600ft-lb
25th May 2012, 03:10
They're probably not releasing a notice because there is nothing material they can say because of those issues. Unless you want a notice that says there is nothing to say. You should probably call them or send the fedsec a PM on here and ask them whats going on.

BrissySparkyCoit
25th May 2012, 03:28
Jethro. First of all, I am asuming that you are in fact, a member of the ALAEA.

There is a hell of a lot going on at the moment. There are 2 bases faced with huge numbers of redundancies. There is another base requiring additional staff and very little information is being provided from the company about this. Heavy maintenance is being reduced from 3 bases to 2 and possibly 1 in the future, yet the airline is to be split, increasing CEO's from 1 to 3.

I think it us unrealistic to expect a continuous stream of notices from the union each time there is another snippet of information. If you have questions, see your reps or call the ALAEA directly. If you are a member, they will only be too happy to keep you informed.

Jethro Gibbs
25th May 2012, 04:03
Just in
AWU's Paul Howes fired up over the Federal Government's decision to grant Gina Rinehart's mining company 1700 migrant worker visas.:ugh:

Jack Ranga
25th May 2012, 04:48
And in true Qantas style (spirit of Australia :yuk:) my mate found out his job was gone on Channel 9.

Redpanda
25th May 2012, 05:14
C'mon Jethro, answer the question..............

Are you a member of the ALAEA?

baron_beeza
25th May 2012, 05:20
Jethro. First of all, I am asuming that you are in fact, a member of the ALAEA.

I am not so sure you should assume so much with Jethro. I am pretty sure he will not be with Qantas or a LAME. With ESOL he may even be one of the 457 team.

Would you move up to Queensland Jethro ?

airsupport
25th May 2012, 05:32
I thought he was with NCIS........... :confused::confused::confused:

ALAEA Fed Sec
25th May 2012, 06:10
Email will come out from office tonight.

Jethro Gibbs
25th May 2012, 06:53
Looks like Fed Sec is sending out some news That's all I asked so you can all calm down.:ok:

Mr.Buzzy
25th May 2012, 08:38
In other news,

Gina's army: Overseas workers take mining jobs | News.com.au (http://www.news.com.au/business/ginas-army-overseas-workers-take-mining-jobs/story-e6frfm1i-1226367122453)

Thank heavens we have a labor government! Looking after working families!

I hate a government that screws workers but I DETEST one that screws workers while riding on the "we're here for workers" bandwagon.

F%#k off Gillard and take your hopeless, flunky, good for nothing, lefty, whale kissing, minority group stroking, nation screwing cronies with you!

Bbbbbbbbzzzzzzzzzzz

Normasars
25th May 2012, 08:51
Hey Buzzy,

love your work mate, couldn't have said it betta myself..:ok:

We are but tenants in our own country. This is indeed worrying news and will have far reaching implications on all industry.

Jethro Gibbs
25th May 2012, 09:11
Mr Buzzy is right :D was it not Qantas stating that the mining industry were looking for there soon to be ex workers looks like that was just the bull#$%t everyone knew it was.

UPPERLOBE
26th May 2012, 00:30
Errr Buzzy, the workers party did this, can you imagine what the businessman's party will do.

We really are just 22 million sheep. Billionaires, big business and the media all play their games with us, they stroke & stoke us until they get what they want and then it's tough titties until the next cycle.

Trouble is we really have elected a poor crop of blind politicians all round, whilst ever they are falling over themselves to either make stupid decisions or tear the institution of parliament to shreds there is no chance that any of them will put us first and actually steer the country towards some sort of big picture.

Clipped
26th May 2012, 03:21
the workers party did this, can you imagine what the businessman's party will do.

The Libs are just loving this ALP. Bowen and Furgason (Dixon's mate) bowing to Rhinehart's whim while Swanny 'appears' to give her a public rebuke.

Clifford and Co. and the BCA are just salivating at the thought of what will be achieved through labour market deregulation.

What skills shortage?

Be afraid, be very afraid.

Sunfish
26th May 2012, 21:33
Australian unemployed workers are going to be incandescent with rage by now.

1. There is no shortage of qualified workers, there is a shortage of qualified workers who will go to the mines at the pay rates Rhinehart wishes to offer them.

2. As for the suggestion that the Chinese guest workers will receive "Australian Wages" and will not undercut, I say bull****, and the Government knows it! The fringe benefits will be non existent as will superannuation and in any case it is easy for wages to be remitted to CHina after subtraction of "costs". Any creative accountant requires little imagination.

3. We will NEVER get rid of them. They will NEVER go home.

Stop this insanity now before all Australian workers become endangered species. If necessary, close the mines and stop development! Leave it for future generations of Australians

airsupport
26th May 2012, 21:42
I too think it is disgusting, the irony of it though is that these Australian Workers/Unionists are probably the same people that voted for this horrid Labor Government, and more crazy still many of them will vote Labor again next time. :(