PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone played the Moog thingie . . .

Loose rivets
23rd May 2012, 16:08
. . . on GooGoo's image of the day?

You can even record your efforts, but I haven't got much of a clue how to drive it.

G-CPTN
23rd May 2012, 16:09
The one that I tried didn't know any tunes . . .

rusty sparrow
23rd May 2012, 16:35
These guys have How To Play Black Sabbath's 'Iron Man' On The Google Doodle Moog - Metal Hammer - page 0 (http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/news/how-to-play-black-sabbaths-iron-man-on-the-google-doodle-moog/)

tony draper
23rd May 2012, 16:36
Don't try chords they were monophonic.:)

farsouth
23rd May 2012, 16:49
How do you play it?? When I hover the cursor over it nothing happens, and if I click on it, it takes me to another Google page with lots of links about Robert Moog

vulcanised
23rd May 2012, 16:53
Best example of Moog (which I like) music I have found is on the 'Everything you wanted to hear on the Moog (but were afraid to ask)' LP which I treasure.

Tracks include Carmen & Malaguenia.

tony draper
23rd May 2012, 16:57
I bought a second hand Memory Moog from the television Studio here,it were a magic machine, six note polyphonic analog oscillators though,always going out of tune.
Sold it for next to nowt,prolly worth a few bob now.
Story of me life.:(

MagnusP
24th May 2012, 09:10
Had a mini-Moog for a while. Rubbish.

Anyone remember "Switched On Bach" by Walter Carlos (later to become Wendy)? Lots of Bach stuff played on Moog and multi-tracked.

Ancient Observer
24th May 2012, 10:14
I managed Twinkle twinkle little star but failed with Greensleeves. Show's how much attention I paid in music lessons all those years ago.

(The teacher was eventually done for being a paedo., but thankfully he ignored our year)

Hydromet
24th May 2012, 11:19
Managed GSTQ on it. The notes were OK, but my timing left a little to be desired.

Farsouth, you play it by clicking on the keys. Worked for me.

Firestorm
24th May 2012, 11:36
If you clicked on the knobs above the keyboard you could change the noise. My efforts were more avant garde than any of the well known avant garde composers all of whose names escape me as I type. My efforts would have been far to avant garde for BBC Radio 3.

farsouth
24th May 2012, 11:52
Thanks Hydromet, but still doesn't work for me. After a quick search on Google, I think it might be something to do with the version of my browser (IE8) .....?

bnt
24th May 2012, 15:32
Me, I'm holding out for one of these:
MHNATdBHPGY

(turn your speakers down first!)