PDA

View Full Version : Snowball

shadow craft
22nd May 2012, 20:11
Hi This is my first post, although I have been lurking for years.
I need a little advice I first took my class2 medical when I was 17(which was a long time ago) and I was advised by various people to not disclose my past history of asthma. Being young and impresionable .
I have since got a class one and many renewals I have wanted to come clean every time but dont want tobe though of as an ass and lose my medical. I have never actually flown Commercially. but may do very shortly.
I havnt had any asthma attacks in many many years but I still use a preventative.
How do I come clean?

VP-F__
22nd May 2012, 20:24
have you considered seeing a homeopath, it could be curable. My son sees one and should have had his parathyroid glands removed a year ago according to doctors but she has helped them to recover. She cured herself of asthma years ago.

gingernut
22nd May 2012, 21:14
Ok, let's get the analogies out of the way first.

Seeing a homeopath would be like taking your car to Halfords, someone feeling your tyres and telling you your crankshafts gone.

And lying to an AME is like sleeping with your friends mum-good, but wrong.

I would have thought the authorities would be interested in certain aspects of your asthma (or past asthma.) . Is it controlled, do you require treatment, what are the frequency of exacerbations, have you ever been admitted to hospital with the condition, have you ever needed "rescue" medication? (Oral steroids).

If you're answer is in the negative, and you are recieving no treatment now, then your past history is unlikely to raise too many questions. (It's worth a search on here.)

At aged 17, impressionable and all that, is it always possible to understand the diagnosis, (and implications) of asthma? I'm not sure it is.