PDA

View Full Version : A "Can you" type question...

Rossian
21st May 2012, 18:00
... a friend's son is at the begining of what,I suspect, will be a messy divorce.
Wife is sending him abusive e-mails and texts and has put on farc***book that he really doesn't love his children.
Q1 is - can one print off a facthingy page as hard copy?
Q2 is - can one download texts to print off as hard copy?

I'm not on Mr zucken wotsits so I don't know how it works and my mobile phone is rock bottom basic and on very rarely.

Having supported this lady through her divorce 8 years ago I don't want to get too close to this mess, but if I can give dispassionate advice it would be churlish not to. TIA

The Ancient Mariner

mixture
21st May 2012, 19:26
Q1 is - can one print off a facthingy page as hard copy?

FaceB is like any other website, you can print what you want on hard copy. Or am I missing something here ?

However. FaceB also have a legal department, and a nice lawyers letter might get the offending content taken down.

Q2 is - can one download texts to print off as hard copy?

Yes. Law enforcement do it the whole time.

But ideally you should make sure you do so in a manner that will be admissible as evidence, otherwise there's not much point.

Rossian
21st May 2012, 19:46
...which leads me to:
Q3 - how do you download texts in the manner you describe?

My words to the chaps mother were for him get all of this stuff as hard evidence to give to his lawyer.

The Ancient Mariner

Mike-Bracknell
21st May 2012, 21:16
...which leads me to:

My words to the chaps mother were for him get all of this stuff as hard evidence to give to his lawyer.

The Ancient Mariner

As regards texts, I would suggest you get these witnessed by a lawyer. They should also be able to advise upon the appropriate method(s) by which to record these for the future. In fact, a quick consultative visit to a family lawyer may pay dividends in future.

mixture
22nd May 2012, 06:51

It's a device called a forensic bridge. Sits in-between the target device (mobile, hard drive etc.) and the analysts computer. Basically its a hardware-blocking device that prevents any data being ever written to the target device and hence you ensure you don't get into debates over tampering etc.

At least that was the way I was thinking of. The way Mike alludes to, using a lawyer to witness, may well work too, but you'd probably need to check with them what the specific requirements would be for that.

Best of luck.

Genghis the Engineer
22nd May 2012, 07:13
I'm no expert but:-

(1) Print off facething, easy enough. If the format proves horrible, take screenshots, and print them. Make sure time and date are visible on the screen.

(2) You can be as crude as just photographing or putting on a scanner the phone. Again, make sure there's a visible time/date stamp.

It may be useful to have evidence of WHEN this was done. There's an old author's trick for this that may help. Put them in an an envelope, seal it, then post it to yourself. When it comes back, lock the unopened envelope away. If ever required, hand to lawyer unopened - the postmark acting as proof of date.

G

Rossian
22nd May 2012, 12:39
....thankyou all, chaps. I shall pass your tips on for the lad to make of them what he will.

(as an aside - having been at his wedding, he should never have married her in the first place. That was apparent that far back. AND he left an utterly super girl to marry this witch. But - you can't tell the young anything, ah well.)

green granite
22nd May 2012, 13:44
Is it not a criminal offense in this country to send abusive or threatening content to someone using a computer?