PDA

View Full Version : SFT - info please.

The Wookie
12th Sep 2001, 06:33
Planning to begin a full time course, integrated or modular, early next year.

Of those training organisations i've contacted SFT have been the most approachable and helpful. (I wasn't impressed by the OATS seminar day one bit!).

They also seem reasonably priced and appear to have a good working relationship with the local HSBC branch.

Any comments about them good or bad?

Also, any comments on Full time modular v the integrated route? The full time modular route at SFT seems best value with 185 hours total flight time as opposed to 145 on their integrated course (ok so the modular uses 152's as opposed to PA-28's on the integrated but hours are hours right!).

Info much appreciated. : :D

Scratch One Bandit
13th Sep 2001, 23:25
I've e-mailed you in private, hope it helps.

I can also send my opinion to anyone else who is interested. E-mail me at my address below.

rebeccadblake
13th Sep 2001, 23:51
Hello, I am starting (hopefully if they will take me) at SFT around april time, I love the school have been there many times and quite impressed.

I would recomend the modular course as if you are funding your own way its a much preferred route, becuase you may for one reason or another not be able to continue with the whole course (therefore losing a lot of money).

If you are naturaly good at the ATPL subjects and have the money then the inter-routes for you, as you can also keep up your moral by flying as well as having to study sh**loads.

Either way I will see you around,hopefuly

have fun, any questions please e-mail me
[email protected]

rebeccadblake
13th Sep 2001, 23:58
I am (hopefully) going to sft in april,

The best route for self funded is the modular route, as its more like the pay as you go method. As if for any reason you can't carry on the course you havn't wasted a lots of cash.

However if you are good at exams and have the money the inter-routes the best as you can also keep up mooral while studying the ATPL's ground exams.

my e-mail is
[email protected]

Midland Maniac
15th Sep 2001, 13:41
To all that are interested in joining SFT!!!

I am currently doing my CPL phase at SFT and have been there since October 2000. Since my time there, they have been very helpful and friendly and everybody knows you by your name!!!! The groundschool is excellent. When i was doing the ATPL course, they were short a couple of groung instructors but since then they now have there full 'quota', and very good instructors they are. For example the Advanced Instruments instructor is a current 757 \767 FO with British Airways, and having seen the Oxford notes for this subject, SFT's are far more superior.

From a flight training perspective, the instructors are very profesional and helpful. The whole setup is designed to make you the paying customer get the most out of your money!!!!

As for the integrated -v- Modular, I don't see the difference any more to be honest. I am on the modular course, but i have not deffered and section so I will be completing the course in the same time as an Integrated student. The only difference is that I attained a PPL before I started at SFT. At the end of it all you get the same licence so ....WHO CARES!!!!!!!

If you want any more info about SFT, then email me!! I am sure that you will make the right decision.

MM
"Soon to be an un-employed qualified pilot!!!"

PorcoRosso
15th Sep 2001, 23:11
Hello guys

Sorry not to agree with you.

SFT has nice facilities, they may know you by your name, but they are not good;

I've been there for my GFT, the estimate they gave me was totally unrealistic, in terms of money and time.
I will definitely NOT recommend this FTO; I am not alone since some Examiners in EGHH think the same.
I suggest you pay a visit to Prof Air Training on the same Airfield, they are honest and efficient.

Midland Maniac
16th Sep 2001, 14:32
obviously some of us have different opinions!!!!

How was your quote unrealistic? My quote was bang on, but you can't really say that a FTO is no good because of the Accounts Department...what do they know about flying aircraft!