PDA

View Full Version : Chrome and PPRuNe

rgbrock1
21st May 2012, 14:11
Does anyone else have a problem when viewing PPRuNe using G%%gle Chrome? For me the browser never renders PPRuNe pages correctly and all pages appear mashed, shall we say.
Icons don't show up correctly and neither do the formatting buttons.

Everything on PPRuNe shows up just fine using Firefox.

vulcanised
21st May 2012, 14:14
I sometimes use Iron (basic Chrome) and all appears normal.

rgbrock1
21st May 2012, 14:20
Iron? Never heard of it.

green granite
21st May 2012, 14:39
SRWare Iron, is google chrome with the dangerous google bits removed, very fast and doesn't call home every time you use it and also what vulcanised said .

SRWare Iron - The Browser of the Future (http://www.srware.net/en/software_srware_iron.php)

rgbrock1
21st May 2012, 14:55
Just checked out SRware Iron and I'm downloading it now. Although I do like the speed and simplicity of Chrome I've always been somewhat concerned about what goes on underneath the hood.

thanks to all for pointing out this Iron browser.

Milo Minderbinder
21st May 2012, 15:19
Chrome seems to work OK with pprune on my machines (though I normally use Firefiox)
I suspect you've got a "zoom" setting set

Mike-Bracknell
21st May 2012, 21:37
Just checked out SRware Iron and I'm downloading it now. Although I do like the speed and simplicity of Chrome I've always been somewhat concerned about what goes on underneath the hood.

thanks to all for pointing out this Iron browser.

I've been using it for a while. Not always the latest most up-to-date HTML, but reliable and secure. :ok:

Milo Minderbinder
22nd May 2012, 00:33
I like the idea of the software, but be careful on their website - the support forum has been hacked
I just tried to access it and the first two times I got a "missing codec" scam popup, which then attempted to download a "youtubedownloader.exe" file which past experience suggests will be a trojan
After two attempts at downloading the software seemed to give up and I was able to access the forum - but be warned
Don't download or run that popup software

Load Toad
22nd May 2012, 00:52
I use FF & Chrome with PPRUNE - no problems at all with either.
Have you tried a simple 'CTRL -' ?

Mike-Bracknell
22nd May 2012, 09:40
CTRL + 0 will reset the zoom level on the browser to defaults.