PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane LF363 returns to Kenley

Batchy
20th May 2012, 15:40
The BBMF paid their annual visit to Kenley Aerodrome this afternoon and most appropriately LF363 was chosen to pay tribute to those who served at this historic aerodrome. LF363 was briefly based at Kenley in 1951 and also appeared in the film Angels One Five that was filmed at the aerodrome.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v157/woodlands/LF363GaryRBrownphoto1web.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v157/woodlands/LF363GaryRBrownphoto2web.jpg

POBJOY
20th May 2012, 19:10
Nice shots Batchy: apparently according to the Kenley Airfield Friends Group website it was supposed to be a Spitfire remembering 416 squadron coming to Kenley on the 20th May 1943 as part of the CanadianWing.Mind you thanks to the Hurricanes in 1940 Kenley was still there in 43.
It looks like 363 (a MK 11c) is being 'morphed' into a MK1 with those early exhausts and the canon bulges being removed, just needs a 'desmo' mirror to help it on its way.

treadigraph
20th May 2012, 19:57
Very nice to see it, the sight and sound quite made my day. Cheers for the pics!

Batchy, did you see the aircraft that passed to the NW of the airfield about 3pm? Sounded and looked Spitfireish but a bit beyond the capability of me eyesight without magnification!

PS, good to see so many people there - when I walked back over the airfield at 6pm the place was virtually deserted; even the ATC had packed up and gone home. MInd you the clag had probably descended below winch height!

Batchy
20th May 2012, 20:27
I believe Spitfire TA805 was airborne from Biggin this afternoon, I didn't get to kenley until after 3pm.

It was odd that the ATC didn't attend the flypast.

Batchy.

treadigraph
20th May 2012, 20:35
Cheers Batchy, very likely that one then.

ATC were flying until about 3:15pm, not sure if they launched after the flypast was completed; I skedaddled home on me bike as LF363 was running in to Biggin, so I could get some walking in.