PDA

View Full Version : Career change

WhatMeanPullUp
20th May 2012, 14:17
Hi,

Just needing some advice from someone regarding a career change for a mature friend looking at becoming cabin crew. Is there any age restrictions that you know of and I am being very general here because I imagine different airlines would have different rules etc. Basically, she has excellent people skills, no experience in the industry although travelled a lot, ;) and over 40 years of age. Any information appreciated. Thank you all. :)

sevenstrokeroll
20th May 2012, 18:22
I know my airline (big one in the USA), has hired girls of this age...they were very nice, did their job well and were attractive.

I have to say that the pay isn't that great, it can be tiring...you would almost certainly be working on major holidays like Christmas

Be sure she is reasonably fit and healthy. Foreign language skills are almost always a plus.

747flyboy
23rd May 2012, 23:52
Don't know your exact location but here in the uk, nearly all airlines will recruit over the age of 40. Easyjet, Virgin Atlantic and BA for example. Likewise, crew no longer need to be tall, slim and pretty ;)