PDA

View Full Version : The Write Stuff

Rich Lee
20th May 2012, 01:39
Does anyone know where I might find a copy of the USNTPS handbook, 'The Write Stuff'?

OverRun
20th May 2012, 10:29
All I have is the Flight Test Manual - sorry I can't help further.

Rich Lee
21st May 2012, 18:23
Thank you for your reply OverRun. I've got the Flight Test Manuals but have had no joy as relates "The Write Stuff". This has proved a more difficult search than I had imagined. It might be time to write an updated manual on writing test reports for test pilots. Seems a pity since it has been done before but now appears to have been lost in time!

Genghis the Engineer
21st May 2012, 22:17
I don't have a copy either, although do have a rather elderly ETPS reporting guide on the shelf for what it's worth.

I spend a lot of time thinking about report writing methods, and teaching writing methods to doctoral students who are engaged in flight testing. I have some home-grown material, but have been thinking of updating that in any case. If you'd like to collaborate on anything, by all means drop me a line.

G

Rich Lee
23rd May 2012, 05:14
Thank you for the reply Genghis. I have widened my search. Should I find a copy of the "Write Stuff" I will forward a copy to you. I would be interested in the ETPS reporting guide - the older that document, the better in my opinion.

I may take you up on your offer of collaboration should my search not not uncover an authoritative work of merit. Test report writing is quickly becoming a lost art. Test report standards do seem to exist within organizations, but a flight test industry standard seems elusive.

Genghis the Engineer
23rd May 2012, 07:25
I've emailed you Rich, possibly with a few ideas.

G

Shawn Coyle
25th May 2012, 05:34
I've written report writing manuals for the now-defunct (original) International Test Pilot School, and attempted to revise it at another school.
Anyone who wants a copy can pm me.
It's based on the USNTPS method, so should be pretty close.
Hmmm. Maybe I should put it into a proper book form. Now there's a thought.

AirDawg
24th Jun 2012, 00:22
nawctsd.navair.navy.mil/Resources/.../NAWCTSDManualofStyle.doc (http://www.pprune.org/nawctsd.navair.navy.mil/Resources/.../NAWCTSDManualofStyle.doc)

Try this link. I don't think this is the same report writing handbook you're referring to.

Big Hammer
26th Jun 2012, 11:56
There is a company called ABEBooks, try a google search, they maight be able to help.

Alpha2020
23rd Apr 2024, 16:38
I've written report writing manuals for the now-defunct (original) International Test Pilot School, and attempted to revise it at another school.
Anyone who wants a copy can pm me.
It's based on the USNTPS method, so should be pretty close.
Hmmm. Maybe I should put it into a proper book form. Now there's a thought.

Hi can I get a copy of same. Can you pl mail it.thanks alot

Genghis the Engineer
24th Apr 2024, 08:01
Shawn sadly died last year, he is unlikely to respond.

G