PDA

View Full Version : A real long shot -East African VC10-

Spooky 2
19th May 2012, 14:59
Back around 1971/72 I flew down to Nairobi on a East African VC10. The crew was kind enough to invite me to the flight deck for an extended period incluing a landing in either Basil, or Cairo.

The Captain was fairly young Norwegian fellow and the F/O was a younger Brit who had learned to fly in the US as I recall. The FE was a Pakistani?? and the Nav was also a Brit. I have always wondered where the the pilots, careers might have taken them as they were both faily young at the time.

Do either of these vauge descriptions strike a note with any of our readers?
I would imagine that the pilot group over there at the time was fairly small.

:ok:

one11
20th May 2012, 09:06
In the absence of any replies so far from anyone with personal experience of EAAC, the book East African, An Airline Story by Peter J Davis, has pilot lists for 1969 & 1976, among which the following sound Scandinavian....so it seems your Norwegian was one of several. .

Tveiten
Vigg
Dahl
Hognerud
Molberg
Dostrup
Svendson
Skjoldboel

Hognerud
Molberg
Dostrup
Tveiten
C-Christensen
Berthelsen
Berglund
Tijberg

Spooky 2
20th May 2012, 18:29
Thanks. I had no idea that there might be that many.:hmm:

Jhieminga
21st May 2012, 19:55
If you want to do some e-mailing... you can run a search on my website for 'EAA' or 'East African Airways' through this page: Search this site (http://www.vc10.net/search.html).

From page 2 of the results on you'll get some hits from the guestbook and forum which includes this old thread: A Little VC10derness • View topic - SV10 EAA Pilots (http://www.vc10.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=52). If you sign up for the forum you can try to contact this guy (although it is a very old thread) or you can try e-mailing people through the guestbook (e-mail links are at the top of each post), I noticed a senior EAA-captain in the guestbook.

Planemike
22nd May 2012, 07:54
I believe Erik Molberg lives in the Manchester area................

Planemike