PDA

View Full Version : Global 5000 Differences?

Oldschoolflyer
19th May 2012, 14:29
Anyone know where I can get the Global 5000 differences? Ive been on smart cockpit, and it seems that Bombardier are not as forthcoming with their info as the other manufacturers. I have the Global Manual.

Just for interest.

Would be grateful for any help!

specialbrew
20th May 2012, 08:39
...almost nothing. Slightly shorter, less fuel (no aft fuel tank) and avionics rack moved to a different location. Max fuel dependant on SB status. The more optional SB's you pay for the more fuel you can put in the centre tank.

ksjc
20th May 2012, 14:42
FlightSafety publishes a small G-5000 addendum to the training manual. Sorry, lost my copy when hard drive died. Wasn't much to it though.

As mentioned, very little difference. With no aft fuel tank fuel system slightly altered. No transfer fuel pumps, valves, etc. Also, 5000 has auto fuel recirc like all XRS. Some changes to Avionics Bay Smoke Detecting system too due to the avionic rack re-arrange. I think that was it for systems differences.

Biggest difference? Takeoff weight limitations....and no crew rest area due to 3' shorter galley area. 10+/- hours endurance on the 5000 is a 2 pilot job i suppose.

Oldschoolflyer
21st May 2012, 11:57
Much appreciated guys. Thank you.

FLEXJET
21st May 2012, 17:58
Is 11.6 hrs with a M.80 cruise qualifying for ULR ops? :)
I did that once in a 5000 (one with max fuel SB) and landed with 4000lbs of remaining fuel.
Loved it!