PDA

View Full Version : Flybe/CTC Assesment Day

FlyingSportsman
18th May 2012, 12:13
Hi chaps, anyone here do the flybe assesment yesterday?
Care to share any info?

DaveS3Turbo
18th May 2012, 13:52
Hi,

I was at the Flybe selection day yesterday. Didn't get through to stage 3 unfortunately.

Does anyone know if I can re-apply for the cadet scheme. I have just e-mailed asking if this is still possible.

There are 4 days apparently, 11 candidates yesterday. ( 44 in total )
Only 3 got through to interview. 1 worked for Flybe, 1 for BA, 1 for Virgin Atlantic!

Regards.

Razzzz91
18th May 2012, 14:44
Hi there,

What tests did you have in the aptitude section?

Three got in that were already pilots? :S

Razzzz91
18th May 2012, 14:49
What type of tests did you do in the morning dave?

FlyingSportsman
18th May 2012, 15:55
Damn pretty lucky to get into the 44 then! :)

Could you PM a few details about the day ? As far as i am aware you cant re-apply.

Otto Throttle
19th May 2012, 09:28
Re-applying;

If the question relates specifically to the Flybe scheme, then the answer is no. Flybe will not accept applications from any candidate who has been unsuccessful in applying for any Flybe sponsorship at any FTO in the previous 12 months.

Jaisalmer
19th May 2012, 18:11
Flybe will not accept applications from any candidate who has been unsuccessful in applying for any Flybe sponsorship at any FTO in the previous 12 months. True, if the candidate got to the last stage of the previous application process with the final interview in Exeter.

I was told this by the main lady in recruitment herself, I'm sure you know her name.

Does this sound correct to you?

flybSOU
19th May 2012, 21:53
So if I am reading that correctly, if I don't make it through to phase 4 and I am not told that I can be re-assessed I can never apply for the Flybe scheme again? Or just not in the next 12 months?

Jaisalmer
19th May 2012, 23:17
So if I am reading that correctly, if I don't make it through to phase 4 and I am not told that I can be re-assessed I can never apply for the Flybe scheme again? Or just not in the next 12 months?

:} - If you fail at the final stage 4 interview, you can NOT apply to another FlyBe scheme, no matter where it may be, for another 12 months.

If you pass the selection day with CTC, morning and afternoon, but are not asked back to the final stage by FlyBe in Exeter, you may apply to any FlyBe scheme anywhere, tomorrow.

Otto Throttle
20th May 2012, 12:13
Not quite. You may only apply to one Flybe scheme every 12 months. You will be asked during the application if you have previously applied for a Flybe scheme, and I do not recommend trying to b/s your way around it as a career-enhancing move.

Shane C
20th May 2012, 15:01
Did anyone get through to phase 4?

MrBrightside
20th May 2012, 15:09
@ OttoThrottle.

I have had a flybe cadet interview within the last 6months and have got through to the assessment.

CTC are aware that I have applied before.

Tom83
20th May 2012, 15:46
Hello everyone,
This is my first post. I applied for the Flybe CTC part sponsorship. I see some people have already had their selection day. I have not heard back. Would I be right in thinking that my application has been unsuccessful, or are there still applicants waiting for a response?
Thank you.

PrestonPilot
20th May 2012, 17:44
@ Mr Brightside.

I wouldn't plan on you getting anywhere, I was told from Jo Soper I couldn't apply to any other FTO for 12 months and I will be sending her another email asking to clarify this and will in fact mention what you just said, because there is no way this is fair. You are not eligble so I would withdraw before you waste your money.

flybSOU
21st May 2012, 16:57
Did anyone go to the assessment day today? How did it go?

Scott Duch
22nd May 2012, 20:41
I was at the assessment yesterday. Thankfully I performed well enough to be interviewed in the afternoon. There was 4 of us that made it to the afternoon out of 12 initially I think.

All 12 people were really nice and we all got on well during the course of the day. The selection team at CTC are all on your side and really tried their best to keep your nerves at bay and it certainly helped!

huzaifa786
24th May 2012, 13:10
Scott Duch: Hey congratulations on your success. What sort of questions did they ask at the interview? when will you find out if you got through on to the flybe interview? what do you recommend me to do in order to best prepare myself for what is to come.

Thanks

Scott Duch
25th May 2012, 20:02
Thankyou! Read the CTC Wings thread. Oh, and Google is your best friend! :ok:

All the best.