PDA

View Full Version : White Lady

Fliegenmong
18th May 2012, 11:28
......the cocktail :p

First had one in the lobby bar of the Chicago Hilton.....Yum Yum!!!

3 parts Gin, one part Cointreau, some lemon juice, shaken in a mixer with ice, strained into a Martini glass with a twist of lemon peel.......ya can keep ya beer!!!

White Ladies!!...Yummy!! :p

(Edited to correct spelling mistake from too many White Ladies :) )

Worrals in the wilds
18th May 2012, 11:56
In the dodgy pubs in Brisbane's Valley in the 1970s and 80s, a White Lady was methylated spirit and ice, and a Black Lady was metho, ice and Coke. A dero's drink that avoided the alcohol tax, because the stuff isn't technically drinkable...
Hence the expression 'getting blind':(

Yours sound better...Sounds like you're enjoying the US of A, lucky bugger! :ok:

Fliegenmong
19th May 2012, 08:19
Ha ha Hey Worrals, no still here on the coast, how damn magnificent is this weather?!?!. it was a few years ago in Chicago!

green granite
19th May 2012, 09:44
Isn't calling a drink White Lady, racist? :hmm:

Slasher
19th May 2012, 09:51
If I order a White Lady at a bar in Thailand or the Flipperines
I will end up with something completely different (and quite
booberous). :E

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSNs5eh4PsuLh8Sz6Rpc4h5sfn2o9rwLyt85PgFZOY 0U_ARTzVBsg

Not that too many are particularly happy about
being reordered over and over again in my case. :(

Ancient Observer
19th May 2012, 10:44
Quite simply, I hate gin, so such a cocktail would not get past my nose.
When I was 16 I worked as a temp. fetcher/filler/emptier for a production line of ladies. On Christmas eve they made me brain damaged with gin. Can't stand the smell of the stuff ever since. They put a little Tonic in, too, and I still hate that, too.

Milo Minderbinder
19th May 2012, 11:02
When I was a young student I had a brief fling with an older lady who used to down a bottle or two a day, so much so that the juniper flavour would soak through her skin. It made certain activities uniquely pleasant.
"Mad Mary" we called her, she'd had so much time off with "problems" that when I met her she was in the sixth year of a three year undergraduate course and hadn't completed the second year. Totally mind-raddled but good fun

Worrals in the wilds
19th May 2012, 11:19
Agreed Fliegs, it's awesome at the moment! :ok:

I recall a passenger carrying a four litre bottle of homemade 'gin' that had 'dilute with water by half' hand written on the label.

The pax estimated it to be about 90% alcohol, so the airline classified it as DG and wouldn't uplift it. When she took the lid off in an attempt to show that it was perfectly safe a great waft of juniper scented fumes blew out, engulfing people across the whole area. I was several metres away and it was still nostril singeing :eek:.

She was quite good tempered about it and left it behind (probably had vats full back in the hills), and said anyone who wanted it was welcome, but after an eye watering sniff even the baggage handlers wouldn't take it. :yuk:

Sprogget
19th May 2012, 19:32
When I was 16 I worked as a temp. fetcher/filler/emptier for a production line of ladies. On Christmas eve they made me brain damaged with gin. Can't stand the smell of the stuff ever since. They put a little Tonic in, too, and I still hate that, toCertainly explains a few things.:p

gingernut
19th May 2012, 20:45
When I was a young student I had a brief fling with an older lady who used to down a bottle or two a day, so much so that the juniper flavour would soak through her skin. It made certain activities uniquely pleasant.I'm sure there's some in Manchester who remember "Vinegar Vera."

It made certain activities uniquely unpleasant.

(So I'm told.)

In the day's before drugs, one would get ones kick with a "Jack and a black"

(Jack Daniels and a Black Russian.)

pigboat
20th May 2012, 02:25
Shouldn't drink that be known as a pigmentally challenged lady? :p