PDA

View Full Version : Just a bit different

OldCessna
18th May 2012, 02:30
Holy Crap!

The "Nigels" would not approve!

Teaser for "Dead Stick Takeoff Flying Adventures" video - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=tHXnQCE0kG0#)!

11Fan
18th May 2012, 03:02
Were those his balls hanging under the fuselage? :eek:

Slasher
18th May 2012, 03:53
Might try doing some of that next time I take up me old PA18! :)

arcniz
18th May 2012, 05:40
Right much like glacier ops... jes' without all the sticky snow that wants to complicate one's way.

treadigraph
18th May 2012, 09:41
Seems to have mislaid his tailwheel at one point - being able to lift the tail power against brakes obviously has its advantages if you break your aeroplane in that way!

handysnaks
18th May 2012, 11:26
If JCB built aeroplanes.........

coldair
18th May 2012, 12:42
Another great teaser;

Dead Stick Takeoff, flight and landing. - YouTube

I think I'll buy that vid :)

coldair

Jhieminga
18th May 2012, 13:03
Why do I get the feeling that this guy will be found one day, wrapped up in the remains of his airplane somewhere on a slope which only sees people once a year. :ugh:

coldair
18th May 2012, 17:12
Quote:

Why do I get the feeling that this guy will be found one day, wrapped up in the remains of his airplane somewhere on a slope which only sees people once a year. :ugh:

Well indeed that is possible but you have to admit that this guy knows his airoplane well, knows what it can do and seems to be a better pilot then most of us.

I guess he is now retired and is enjoying life to the full and just loves flying for the fun of it.

We all have to go sometime and I truly hope that he doesn't die by crashing. But think of the alternatives, cancer, stroke, althimers, heart attack etc. Better to go quickly while having fun than some of those conditions.

Just my thoughts, some may disagree. p.s. I don't want to go by any of those methods but I know I will sometime ( except crashing, fingers crossed )

Super steep takeoff with my wife - YouTube

coldair

G-ZUZZ
19th May 2012, 02:02
The audio is a bit of a worry. Sounds like he accidentally spliced in the soundtrack from one of his "home groan" videos, where he had the camera hidden in the corner under a pile of jocks - an old trick.