PDA

View Full Version : Help for

RideandGlide
17th May 2012, 19:10
Hi I am undertaking a charity cycle ride from the Wasserkuppe in Germany down through Europe and then hopefully from the geographical north of Africa down to the geographical south, calling in at all the African gliding clubs on the way. My eventual intention is to try and cycle to every gliding club in the world. I am doing this, partly, to raise funds for Aerobility and Handicap International.
More details can be found on my website at www.rideandglide.co.uk (http://www.rideandglide.co.uk).
I haven't at present got any major sponsors although a lot of support from various people and organistaions - funds are running tight and I need to fly from the UK to Frankfurt on 29th/30th June to start the journey on the 1st July. I was hoping an airline might sponsor transporting my bike and luggage (as it will be probably be excess luggage)- I don't mind paying my own airfare -in return for a bit of publicity/goodwill -I am already starting to attract a lot of local media interest and am going to have articles published in several international gliding and cycling magazines - already article on Soaring Cafe website.
I have tried contacting Lufthansa but with no success so far - if there is anyone who can help or point me in the right direction towards a contact I would be immensly grateful. Many thanks Paul