PDA

View Full Version : Re-moding...???

Ancient Observer
17th May 2012, 17:44
A government video has asked people to "re-mode" during the London Olympics. But is this a real word and what does it mean?

It means that the civil servants went down the pub (for the DfT that would be the Marquess of Gramsby), and invented it.

Do these civil servants who invent this stuff actually get paid, as well as receiving the best pension available in the UK???

rgbrock1
17th May 2012, 18:06
What, precisely, does "re-mode" mean? Is it some sort of trans-gender thing?

Civil servants are so full of $hit they squeak when they walk.

G&T ice n slice
17th May 2012, 18:16
I think it's when the ice cream on the apple pie melts & you get a fresh scoop, that's re-mode-ing

Tableview
17th May 2012, 18:18
No doubt they paid a team of 'management consultants' an obscene amount of (taxpayers') money to write some bullshit crapspeak document about this. And the government employee who commissioned the study and took the backhander will get a promotion or a knighthood.

Sprogget
17th May 2012, 18:30
Justine Greening can remode this.

I've been trying to get a response from TFL for a fortnight now. My business has to collect from Leyton every day & we just don't know whether or not we can get in there for the two months of the Olympics. If we can't it will be disastrous for us. Still, as long as sports day is alright, that's all that matters.

Noah Zark.
17th May 2012, 18:47
Remode is a remode of the word commode, also usually full of $hit! :}

Ozzy
17th May 2012, 23:08
Is it missing the "L", ie remodel? If so, is the guvnment going to pay for said remodelling? Fecked if I know what they are on about

Ozzy

Shack37
17th May 2012, 23:13
Can't see the problem, probably a simple mode reassignment. Done all the time with gender.........simples.

parabellum
18th May 2012, 00:15
According to Word Web Online, which looks at several dictionaries, there is no such word.

WordWeb: Contact details and About Us. (http://wordweb.info/contact.html)

Worrals in the wilds
18th May 2012, 00:36
...what does it mean?My guess would be 'prepare for several months of traffic chaos, roadblocks and the military / cops hooning around doing their best James Bond movie impersonations with all the cool new kit they got funding for'.

Governments usually prefer jazzy little made up words like 'remoding' to more accurate descriptions like 'stuff around' or 'complete nightmare.' Some tosser probably got a departmental award for inventing it...

parabellum
18th May 2012, 00:42
Oh Worrals, you are such a cynic!:ok:

RJM
18th May 2012, 01:47
Remoding is necessary to prevent the situation decontrolling, perhaps even conflagrating. Sometimes, people find that a new wordform only impenetrables what at basic is clear, informationally uncertaining auditioners about what's actually being implicationed. Anyone paradoxed by this should relanguage themselves in order to recognition what they read.

david1300
18th May 2012, 02:38
RJM - we need a LIKE button :ok:

or should that be

we desire to have at our disposable a singular, simple and unambiguous indicator whereby one can, with a simple click of the human interface device, indicate ones appreciation and general agreement with an earlier appearing statement, thereby demonstrating to all who have an interest in the topic being discussed, and the particular rumination of the immediately preceeding contributor to the topic which has been appended to the thread through the clever and articulate use of language, including idiom appropriate to convey the inner thoughts of aforesaid contributor ...what was I saying again - I, like the people who invented the remoding word, have lost the plot.

lomapaseo
18th May 2012, 02:57
I though that re-moding is where we exchange Slasher for Flapsforty

Worrals in the wilds
18th May 2012, 03:06
You fellahs are way too good at the weasel word stuff...:eek::}

Slasher
18th May 2012, 05:26
You do realise of course loma that will lead to the immediate
reinstatement of certain banned JBers - and the instant total
life banning of certain...others! ;)

Re-moding? Yep its a term I'm familiar with - you can remode
to semi-auto wrt to the L1A1 SLR (sadly no longer a part of my
arsenal). :(

parabellum
18th May 2012, 05:29
You fellahs are way too good at the weasel word stuff...

Thats why we are so successful with women!;)

probes
18th May 2012, 05:34
or so you think? http://mail.yimg.com/ok/u/assets/img/emoticons/emo34.gif :E

Loose rivets
18th May 2012, 06:16
RJM - we need a LIKE button

Agreed, but with a mention to standing on the shoulders of . . .

Do carry on (groan) to 2:40, for the professor in full flow.

Stanley Unwin Baffles the Carry On Team - YouTube

And now, for something extra special. The . . . the, (roll of drums.) EDIT notice.

Solid Rust Twotter
18th May 2012, 06:35
Replace the D in remode with a T and you have an indication as to the relationship these turkeys have with reality...