PDA

View Full Version : Heathrow T5C

SLF3
16th May 2012, 18:31
T5C is a shed with gates. No lounge, but they will give you a free coffee at Starbucks if you show your boarding pass.

Be warned - use the lounge in A, allow 20 minutes to get to the gate.

Still the world´s favourite airline?

BUGS/BEARINGS/BOXES
16th May 2012, 19:42
Agreed. But have you tried ATL? That's a satellite in inner orbit alright!

airsmiles
16th May 2012, 20:12
Totally agree about the pitiful arrangements at ATL. The terminal BA use (term E?) is a heck of a long way from the main building and the whole layout of ATL is the worst of the many USA airports I've been to. As for going through a full security screening on the way OUT of the airport after arrival, it's a complete farce.

Hartington
16th May 2012, 22:12
Atlanta is getting a new international terminal that will (thank God) end the farce of security after arrivals.

In fact now I look it up it should have opened today (16th May 2012)

International Terminal Site - Home Page (http://www.atlanta-airport.com/internationalterminal/)

Skipness One Echo
16th May 2012, 23:05
As for going through a full security screening on the way OUT of the airport after arrival, it's a complete farce.

Why is this? I have only ever transferred. I guess the arrivals and departures are not segregated?

ExXB
17th May 2012, 06:11
Why is this? I have only ever transferred. I guess the arrivals and departures are not segregated?
The only way out of the immigration hall is through the sterile area. Even though you were raped and pillaged at your departure airport, you somehow became non- sterile. Probably through contact with all those homeland security people.

Lord Bracken
17th May 2012, 06:33
There is a void in T5C's roof area which can house a lounge (like T5B) but it hasn't been built yet. It will probably open once BA have a few A380s (as they will mainly depart from T5C and BAA's incompetence in spec'ing the transit train means that you'll need to hold some pax in C before boarding to avoid them all hanging around in A and crushing the train when boarding is announced).

wiggy
17th May 2012, 06:53
Skipness

Thanks to the thread drift I'm not sure which airport you're asking about! If it's T5 you're re-screened because the UK Department of Transport don't trust any screening done overseas and insist on re-screening all transit passengers to UK standards.

fincastle84
17th May 2012, 12:03
If we're departing from C then we use the lounge in B as it's always deserted & it's then only 5 minutes to the C gate.

Heathrow Harry
25th May 2012, 16:35
went through Atlanta on opening day - new terminal is excellent - still some shops and restaurants to be finished but a major improvement

One thing to note - if you are going by car or taxi there is a new entrance for International AT THE OTHER END OF THE AIRPORT from the usual domestic one - means a completely new approach by road

Surreyman
28th May 2012, 10:40
Are there any real hard plans to build satellite 5D?
Yes I know there is a fuel farm & a fire-station on the site which would have to move or be incorporated somehow.
My (brief) observation indicates that stands 572/573/575/576 are used by BA either to park aircraft or are actually used with passengers being bussed out.
Is the current terminal 5 set-up at full capacity?

SLF3
28th May 2012, 20:09
5D? The train between terminals cannot cope already, and that is before the A380s arrive.

T5 is already an embarrassment, and the paint is barely dry.