PDA

View Full Version : UK Medical conversion to CASA Medical

navoff
16th May 2012, 11:53
Hi Guys

I have just converted my ATPL here in Aus, no problems there. However, I underwent a medical in January with a DAME. He said that I had passed and that there was no further requirements. My ATPL has only just arrived and there was no medical with it. I enquired as to it's whereabouts and CASA are now saying I don't have a medical because I need to see a DAO. They made no attempt to tell me. Has anybody else converted their medical from the UK recently and did you need to see a DAO?

Navoff

DeltaT
17th May 2012, 08:32
No country converts medicals.
As part of the 'first' medical you have to do the full course of Doc and eyes etc.
So DAME+DAO

navoff
17th May 2012, 13:28
Thanks DeltaT,

It would have been good if CASA had actually told me of the requirement rather than living it to guess work. It should be noted that the DAME actually stated that i did not require any further tests and that i had passed my medical. Interesting that a DAME can pass you fit and then the authority can say otherwise, without actually telling the individual concerned. Too many layers of bureaucracy.

This will be a very expensive lesson for me!

StudentInDebt
18th May 2012, 09:13
The DAME you went to should have known better, first thing they told me when I enquired with my usual AME who does CASA medicals was I would need to see a DAO for initial issue of a class 1. I went to a DAO in Harley Street, I think it cost about £250.

navoff
18th May 2012, 11:22
Hi Studentindebt

I have booked an appointment in Perth on Monday. What did the check include? It is only $160 here.

Hopefully, the very last hurdle.

Ollie Onion
18th May 2012, 21:19
Any test that can be done on your eyes will be done. It is a very comprehensive examination. As stated above there is no such thing as a medical 'conversion'. What you are actually doing is a full initial Class One medical. Welcome to the bizarre world of CASA :ugh: