View Full Version : Minibus Headset

MaximumAlpha
16th May 2012, 05:10
I am shopping for headset for the mini bus. What are the best ones out there? I need protect to my hearing. I still have a mortgage to pay off and I am spring chicken no more.

I spoke to a young chap on the right seat, he recommends Sennheiser. Does it work with my presbycusis? :}

freightdog188
16th May 2012, 05:44
I have been told that if you're flying for a HK based airline you cant simply use your own headset, as the headsets are certified as part of the airplane, therefore using a different headset would - in theory - void the airworthiness certificate of the jet.

Sounds completely crazy to me but I wouldnt outright reject the possibility of such a HKCAD brainfart.

Dan Winterland
16th May 2012, 09:01
Correct in KA. Have to use the recommended and supplied items.

Fr8t M8te
16th May 2012, 10:00
The only airline I have ever worked for where they won't let you use your own headset - even if it is the same make and model.

Apart from ENT infections, that race through fleets as a result of common headset use, the items 'in situ' are just not man enough to protect against hearing loss. Considering the actual value of the bit of kit sat on the tarmac I fail to understand why a certain HKG based airline is so stingy about fitting proper ANR headsets and thus protect their employees hearing. Try measuring the sound level on a B744 flight deck. You will be horrified.:ugh:

SeldomFixit
16th May 2012, 11:45
Fr8t M8te - you seem to be forgetting Safety is the Priority :=