PDA

View Full Version : Sales Broker %?

gbruton
16th May 2012, 01:58
Hey guys, Could someone provide insight on how much of % a broker should get for selling or help buying a aircraft?

Purchase price is around 13,000,000.00

First.officer
16th May 2012, 08:46
Do recall hearing a figure of 2.5% being mentioned once somewhere, but admittedly I can't be certain.......

F/o

No RYR for me
16th May 2012, 09:41
There is a correlation between the knowledge and desperation of the "broker" and the % asked.... There is no correlation between the $ spend and the quality and amount of services received from the broker :rolleyes:

CaptainProp
17th May 2012, 17:48
A lot of brokers don't use straight % of sale anymore. Aircraft valuation - $13m, if aircraft sells for $13m broker takes (for example) 1.5%. If broker manages to sell aircraft for $13.5m then a bonus of (for example) 75K is paid to broker on top of the "basic" 1.5%.

Asking for 2.5% for a $25-30m aircraft will not get you many sales mandates today.

For acquisitions a fixed fee is negotiated.

Adding to No RYR for me's comments there are a LOT of one man band brokers and crooks out there so be careful.

If you need any advice on where to turn, or just have questions in general, I'll be happy to give you a couple of ideas via PM.

CP

Phil Brockwell
17th May 2012, 20:41
I think you have asked 2 different questions. Selling an aircraft - as in taking a mandate and marketing the aircraft till sold approx 2-3% depending on the value.

Helping to buy an aircraft - how long is a piece of string?

Are you actually asking what a seller would pay as a finders fee?

Phil

LGW Vulture
18th May 2012, 22:25
Give me the mandate and we can discuss the fee. :E

No RYR for me
21st May 2012, 08:15
Give me a fee and we can discuss a mandate :D