PDA

View Full Version : ATPL NEED URGENT HELP

firstofficer1986
15th May 2012, 20:57
i m really frustrated,i m registered with a UK approved FTO,and i have been denied visa for my brush up courses in UK,i m now stuck and i don t know what to do,i have heard about the possibility of brush up via video conferencing with some FTO.please help me .i m in a big trouble.:{
thanks

student88
15th May 2012, 21:08
Two questions.

What is your FTO doing to help you?

Why have you been denied a visa? This information could help in finding a solution.

firstofficer1986
15th May 2012, 21:37
my fto is not sponsoring visa it is GTS and the reason is because of doubt whether leaving uk or not after expiry of visa:{

mad_jock
15th May 2012, 23:37
Not surpised if you don't leave its a 5k fine.

You could try offering them a security deposit of the fine money.

paco
16th May 2012, 06:15
We do videoconferencing, partly for just this problem - give me a PM, we may be able to help

Alex Whittingham
16th May 2012, 16:18
Just for info, not all UK FTOs are registered to assist in visa applications. This is because most/all of their students are EU residents and because the process of approval with the immigration service is tortuous and expensive for the company. The exceptions would be FTOs that have a large amount of business outside the EU, perhaps recruiting cadets from the Gulf, when it becomes worthwhile to be approved by the immigration service.

paco
16th May 2012, 16:27
Quite agree, Alex! Just an expensive paperwork exercise. Gotta keep all those "consultants" employed somehow.

Lightning Mate
16th May 2012, 17:22
Not true both of you.

I have been in this industry for twenty years and the number of "students" who attempt to get into this country for reasons other than their stated aim is enormous.

British universities are full of ghost people.

They get in and then simply evaporate - some of my "students" have done just this.

I have been involved with the Special Branch on several occasions.

He has a visa problem - thankfully after the eleventh of September 2001 we are all cautious.

paco
16th May 2012, 18:22
What's not true? For us, it is an uneconomic paperwork exercise, with no visible benefit. Nothing wrong with that statement.

Alex Whittingham
17th May 2012, 09:02
Maybe he is referring to a different 'both of you' than you and me?

firstofficer1986
17th May 2012, 09:40
but the uk officials are strange to believe that someone that have spent about 30k in training locally ,will go for uk just to evaporate ,i was showing them my logbook with more than 130 hours,my atpl registartion ,my insurance etc...the goal is clear ,i m going just for 1 week or two and that is it ,nothing else to do in uk.:confused:

roger henshaw
17th May 2012, 12:14
Just for the record and in agreement with Alex's post, we did not "refuse" to obtain a visa for this gentleman, we are simply not approved for visa sponsorship, a point we made very clear before he started his course with us, at that time he was planning to take the exams in another country.
We are still in contact and are trying to resolve the problem for him.

firstofficer1986
17th May 2012, 14:49
as for my school GTS for clarification,they have nothing to deal with this problem ,they were very helpful all along the track and i did not reproch them anything.GTS is an excellent staff and school.

Lightning Mate
17th May 2012, 18:11
...will go for uk just to evaporate ,i was showing them my logbook with more
than 130 hours,my atpl registartion ,my insurance etc...the goal is clear ,i m
going just for 1 week or two and that is it ,nothing else to do in uk.

The simple fact is that the UK Immigration Authorities do not agree with you.

I have little doubt that you are genuine, but you have to persuade the authorites here that it is true.

I wish you luck. :ok:

firstofficer1986
17th May 2012, 22:57
i meant from the first that british authorities make it impossible to get a visitor visa for some brush up,not my school ,it was a little miss-understood and hopefully i have clarified it.the GTS staff and almost SIR roger henshaw is an excellent man ,he has almost a perfect and professional management of his school.