PDA

View Full Version : Automating a Flight Ops Dept

SLIPANDSKID
15th May 2012, 13:13
Hi All,

I am a small operator based in Africa and I am looking for the best and most streamlined way to document and collate all the information required to be kept on record for an AOC flight ops dept

Flight hours, pilot hours, duty time, pax, fuel burn, pilot currency, CRM, hazmat etc. I'm trying to find a way of achieving this without mountains of paperwork and hours transposing all this data that I have now.

I have found a few like myflightdata.com and aero nav.

I hoping some of you more experienced operator can assist with suggestion on hardware and software programs or systems that you might use.

Thanks for any assistance.

S&S

mad_jock
15th May 2012, 14:15
As a pilot I have just been exposed to this.

Home (http://leonsoftware.com/)

It is by far the best system that I have been inflicted with.

Literally in the door 5 mins later password etc given, 10 mins with one of the FO's showing me how it works and it just works.

I am just a user and have no connection at all with the company just very impressed with it. The not having to have a special client to access it is a huge bonus.

dc9-32
15th May 2012, 14:38
It will take them 3 months at least to get it tailored to your needs. It is not generic for all to use.

As a user, not pilot looking in, it's a good system, but not without it's faults.

mad_jock
15th May 2012, 15:44
As a matter of interest what is its faults?

dc9-32
16th May 2012, 09:48
As an example, it builds trips based on FDP's so is geared to AOC operators. For private operators, the user has to create seperate trips within a trip if for example the trip is 2 weeks in length.

Layout of paperwork is not good in my opinion, not clearly laid out. Can be cluttered also.

mad_jock
16th May 2012, 16:28
Well we are AOC and so's the OP.

The paper work seems fine to me with the stuff it spits out that I get off it.

I really like the FDP stuff you can edit it and put your own rules in. You can undate your trips and it will give you real time limits to keep you within roster then max limits. If you do go for max limits it flags up the flights which are then outside limits. And if your out on a SEP or LPC it will put you up flag red after your due it when they try and roster you. Running totals and really easy to haul up personal reports.

Apart from anything I haven't managed to break it or screw it up yet.

dc9-32
16th May 2012, 16:30
exactly, it's great for an AOC operation.

beerdrinker
18th May 2012, 10:43
Which is exactly what SLIPANDSKID wanted software for