PDA

View Full Version : How long to get a PNG ATPL?

A Squared
15th May 2012, 08:45
Anyone received one recently based on a foreign ATPL and taking the PNG Air Law Tests? How long does it take once you have passed the tests and completed the application requirements?

Mach E Avelli
15th May 2012, 23:55
IF - and only IF - you have ticked all the boxes and your logbooks pass the most careful scrutiny and you have paid your money, about a week.
But be prepared to go there every day and wait patiently, smile sweetly, show an interest in da man's own aviation background etc.
Lose your rag, and it's back to the back of the queue for a very long time. Quite right, too - it's their country so you observe their niceties.

A Squared
16th May 2012, 00:03
Thanks for the response. AFAIK, I've ticked all the boxes, but y company is between me and CASA. I've done everything they have told told me to do.

Lose your rag, and it's back to the back of the queue for a very long time.

Lose your rag? Not familiar with that expression. Is that the same as losing your temper?

geeup
16th May 2012, 00:37
Mine got placed in the back of que and is still there..... :sad:

It was lodged with a heap of imports they are W@NKERS and my name was associated with them! :ok:

Some say red wine is a nice gesture :hmm:

Mach E Avelli
16th May 2012, 01:02
Losing one's rag = dummy-spit, chucking toys out of cot etc.

Unless your company has a skilled 'gofer' who sits daily in the CASA office, the best way to expedite licence issue is to do it yourself. Nothing, absolutely nothing happens automatically.

Killer Loop
16th May 2012, 09:27
I did my airlaw March 2011, still waiting patiently.......actually I've given up.

Captain Nomad
16th May 2012, 10:34
And whatever you do, don't call the 'Instrument Air Law' 'IREX' - the wrong terminology will definitely send your application to the bottom of the pile...!

NCD
16th May 2012, 12:33
Unfortunately patience is not only the name of the game, but a requirement..

Have heard of delays that have come close to 12 mths.

Strange really, considering the shortage of pilots up there, and that, in a lot of cases, air travel is the only viable means to get around.

Good luck with it all.

...still single
16th May 2012, 13:54
They may be incompetent, but at least they're corrupt!!

I understand that showing the despicable toad behind the counter a couple of pictures of Grand Chief Somare :mad: may speed things up a little.

Pinky the pilot
17th May 2012, 04:56
couple of pictures of Grand Chief Somare

Dunno what the pay rates are like nowadays but back in 1990 I was lucky to even see one of those m'self!:E

And when I did they tended to disappear fairly rapidly.:{