PDA

View Full Version : Wingaway & Heron

dhavillandpilot
14th May 2012, 23:57
Just a short note, the businesses of Wingaway & Heron Airlines were sold on Friday. The new owners are a consortium made up of outside investors and a number of the previous staff, both management and general.

The one criteria that the consortium placed above all other aspects of the purchase was the retention of all the employees where possible.

Oliver Klozof
15th May 2012, 04:27
It's interesting you mention this. Wingaway Air Pty Ltd and Heron Airlines Travel Pty Ltd are both being shown as 'under external administration' on the ASIC website (maybe that happens during a sale?)

Skymaster Air Services (which was also part of the Airtex/Avtex group) has been deregistered.

It was also my understanding that the AOC of Avtex (who was/is the AOC holder for AIRTEX) was suspended after the Canley Vale crash? So who's doing or going to do the flying?

I wish the new owners all the best. It used to be a good business and a reasonable place to work many years ago.

Orion Delta
15th May 2012, 21:31
Another operator at BK will be conducting a large chunk of the aeromed. Interesting times.

GADRIVR
16th May 2012, 03:47
Heard through the grapevine that the staff of all companies associated with that crowd have been locked out of the building by an administrator....how does it get to that situation? :ugh:

dhavillandpilot
16th May 2012, 05:59
No not the administrator.

A gentleman who without any legal right (ie court order) who tried to take posssession of the building. After the NSW police were called he retired. The building is now operational again along with the staff and there is a large presence of burly security guards to stop the "indians from invading the fort"

This gentleman also took two aircraft - this matter is now with the Commonwealth Police who I believe are in the process considering the laying charges

slats11
16th May 2012, 11:31
I heard a rumor that Pearl may be looking at getting into the air medical business based out of Bankstown.

dhavillandpilot
22nd May 2012, 23:40
Administrator went to court on Monday and obtained an injunction refraining a particular gentleman from interferring with the aircraft or the building.

The aircraft are back and flying. The new owners take over on Tuesday 29th May 2012.

All the staff of Wingaway and Heron have retained their jobs. The maintenance engineers are currently in limbo until they are made redundant.

GADRIVR
23rd May 2012, 00:29
"The maintenance engineers are currently in limbo until they are made redundant." :yuk:

I bet they'd love to hear that!!!! :ugh:

Geez....some things don't change!

dhavillandpilot
23rd May 2012, 03:46
Certain legal problems with regard to their future and their entitlements cannot be broadcast other to say they will be looked after once the dust settles.

After all they are part of the "Airtex/Wingaway/Heron" Family and need looking after - they just fell over the wrong side of the fence when the administrator took charge.

kimwestt
26th May 2012, 01:42
Geez dhp, you had a pre frontal lobotomy or somefink?:eek:

Dog One
26th May 2012, 05:37
Is a gentleman by the name of JI still involved with Heron Airlines?