PDA

View Full Version : Mac OS-X, GPS & Waypoints

RadioSaigon
14th May 2012, 13:07
I'm having trouble finding a reasonably priced, comprehensive GPS Waypoint Manager for my Mac.

I'm running OS-X 10.7 Lion, a Garmin GPSMAP 296 and would really like software that enables me to manipulate the Jepessen data within the GPS, as well as add/manipulate additional waypoints. I'm shortly off to W.Papua, have a comprehensive list of waypoints I would like to add to the database and no way to achieve it -other than doing it on the GPS!

Any assistance would be appreciated

RadioSaigon
15th May 2012, 09:57
anyone????

MacBoero
15th May 2012, 12:27
Does Garmin Basecamp talk to a 296? It isn't mentioned on their website that it does, but it is a free download, so trying won't cost anything other than time.

RadioSaigon
16th May 2012, 00:53
Cheers MacBoero -it does indeed! I can work with the User waypoints within that, but still no closer to attacking the database... it would be tremendous to have the ability to get rid of the thousands of pieces of irrelevant (not in my geographic location/area of interest) data and add the User waypoints into the Airport/NDB/INT Tabs where appropriate, with all the other little bits of information that are useful there too. Still open to suggestions!

Regards

RS

Milo Minderbinder
16th May 2012, 01:03
is this any use?

GPS Connect Software for Mac OS X (http://www.chimoosoft.com/products/gpsconnect/)